*********SPOILER ALERT**********

Rumba Rue

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been assuming - without realizing it - that the kraken was sent to "fetch" Jack for Davy Jones, rather than just killing him.

And yes, this makes it another parallel to Empire - I don't think that Jones would want to give up his favorite decoration, and Jack does owe him either service or a hundred souls...

sig2.jpg

So, I guess it's not possible that Jack just saw something shiny and sparkley that he liked and simply took it?

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

I know something YOU don't know!! :lol:

Neener, neener, neener!! :lol:

(Ducking and running like hell!) :lol:

(Sorry, HAD too!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So it's occured to me - in the first movie we saw very little of Jack playing the role of "captain." In this one, we got to see his leadership style in action:

- leads crew through mortal peril in order to save his own skin

- hides and runs when said trouble approaches, leaving his crew to fight his battles for him (and die in his place)

- talks in giberish when confronted with genuine crew concerns

- drinks all the rum

- meditates while crewman does the manual labor (Norington digging up the chest)

- gets most of crew eaten by cannibals and krakens

Hmmm... I still admit he's fun pirate to watch on the screen. But I also find myself increasingly sympathetic to his original mutinous crew. Besides, anyone willing to participate in "soul harvesting" is someone I think best to mistrust.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

*SIGH!* That's one more lump of coal for Bess' Christmas stocking... :lol:

Ahhhh..... now now,

At times I be willing to share I be!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

By th' sound of it, Bess.. you DO want to share with us.

I know some people are attempting to formulate their own ideas on the 3rd film.

I'm just curious about how Tia got Barbossa's body. And who this Lady Love of Davy Jones was? Or is?

I'm presuming that the Isla Crusades (?) will be explained, too? I was curious why Jones picked that locale for this chest to be buried. I noticed also his apparently hatred of the Crucifix. Obviously the Devil will not fancy the likeness of Christ near him.

I also look forward to watching Will and Elizabeth working side by side with Barbossa. What a hoot!

Oh, please, tell me, Bess. I've been super good at keeping secrets until the film. ::huge grin attempting to look innocent and sweet with a tarnished halo above head.

Oh... and Bess.. if you are able to pass it along to Mr Depp... I took my niece to see Pirates last night.. and she LOVED it! She thinks Jack is the most awesome pirate! She loved Elizabeth, too! Now she wants to be like Elizabeth. :) All in all.. she loved the film... and this comes from a 6 yr old girl!!!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Bess,

What's it like to sit back and listen to everyone's speculations on what is going to happen in the 3rd film?

Do you read all this and say "That one is getting close" or "wow that is so far off the map he should be falling over the edge of the world"?

I was just curious.

Nope... I check in from time to time to see what friends are up to and not much more. My time is often limited.

I input when I'm asked questions and answer if I can orhave somehing I know is of interest that I know I can share. I have confidentiality agreements to honor and cannot share as much as folks here would really like.

I'm a fan too remember and very often am sorry I already have most of the answers. I like a good surprise as much as anyone.

Besides.... sometimes you all come up with things we would have never thought of.

Disney has no monopoly on creativity you know. ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Personally, I think it would get rather annoying to read all these speculations, and NOT be able to chime in. Suppose someone stumbled across the surprise ending in their musings - I'd be going nuts if I were in Bess' position, unable to shout "that's it!"

Doesn't it nag at you Bess? I mean, doesn't it just eat at your soul and make you squirm in your chair? Doesn't it? ;)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Weird --

Jack Sparrow = Han Solo, the reckless pirate & scoundrel

Gibbs = Chewbacca, the loyal, reliable first mate

Will = Luke, the noble hero

Bootstrap = Darth Vader. Father of the hero who fell into the dark side and is imprisoned forever.

Liz = Leia, the noblewoman with spunk who is more than she lets on

Davy Jones = Jabba The Hut. Han was on the run to try and repay a debt to Jabba, but got frozen in carbonite. Jack was on the run to try and repay Davy, got eaten by the Kraken.

Beckett/E.I.C. = The Empire. Bent on domination by corruption & force.

Pintel & Ragetti = R2 and C3PO. They just get sucked along for the ride, and are an ever present factor no matter which side they are currently stuck with.

Tia Dalma = Yoda, the presence of spiritual guidance & wisdom.

No wonder DMC is the coolest sequel since Empire...it follows their recipe for success! ;)

I step away from a thread for a couple of days and sheesh!

Anywho I love the Star Wars and modern myth references, now that someone has pointed it out I definately see it.

:lol:

Bilgemunky!

Antagonizing th' poor woman?!?

Either way, Bess. I look forward to what ever little tidbids you can release to piratical ears. Especially this one's ears. :)

Where's The Rum shouldn't be the only place to obtain spoiler images and info. :( Honestly... it's rightly annoying that that place gets the monopoly on Spoiler PotC stuff.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

I'm just curious about how Tia got Barbossa's body.

Ah, it's quite simple -- she grew him back from his boots. (I derive this absurd notion from Curse of Monkey Island, in which the deceased Captain LeChuck's boots were picked up by a crew of pirates; LeChuck was summarily resurrected from those same boots for reasons not entirely known to me. I think it had to do with a voodoo cannonball.)

talks in giberish when confronted with genuine crew concerns

Reminds me of the captain of the Never Land in the book "Peter and the Starcatchers". He had absolutely no idea how to run a ship, so he wound up bellowing such things as "AVAST THE MAIN MIZZEN!"

(I'd love to hear Depp spout that one.)

LOL... avast the main mizzen... that's funny. Now I wish I could remember the show that contains the line: "Turn the thing! And that other thing!"

Well, tomorrow I go to see this movie again, because there's obviously a lot of little details I simply missed on the first go-round. Maybe I was sitting too close to the screen (I love the feeling of being "surrounded" by a movie.) Now I have some ideas of what to keep an eye out for.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Finally got to see this with me first mate and cabin boys. Very enjoyable. However I missed a couple of scenes because of bathroom breaks - one for me and one for my youngest. Definitely have to see it again.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed seeing Norrington; I always suspected he was pretty dashing without the wig. ^_^

I heard about the "cliff-hanger" ending from someone else (with teenage girls who were very upset at Jack's fate). I told them they were spoiled by the internet because back in 1980 we watched Han be frozen in carbonite and had to wait 3 years before we found out what happened to him! ^_^

And without message boards, chat rooms, AIM, MSN, text messaging, etc to discuss it too. How barbaric. ^_^

I loved the Star Wars comparison, can I repost it over on my Star Wars board? The group did a midnight viewing of PotC II but I couldn't make it. They will definitely appreciate it.

And does that make the Kraken the "space slug" from Empire because it eats ships? ^_^

Iron Bess, me lass, I kept lookin' fer yer name in them credits but it went by too fast. Don't you get yer name on that big screen for all the work you do? I did see Billy Bone's monniker and o'course t'ILM folk what I know. :)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I can't wait for Barbossa merchandise. Hopefully now they'll finally have more stuff with him because of the 2nd and 3rd movie, like t-shirts. Come on Disney, there's Barbossa fans out there too, it's not all about Jack!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Again.. AMEN, CHRISTINE!!!

True.. there should be more Barbossa stuff.

LOTS of items out there on Jack: Jack's compass, Jack's kiddie outfit, Jack's sword ( both the kiddie fake and the hundreds of $$$ one), the pistol (fake electronic kiddie version and the couple hundreds of $$$ ones), Jack's ring, Jack 12 inch and other sizes verson dolls, etc.

Nothing much on Elizabeth except 2 action figures. A few on Will. 2 of the same action figure of Barbossa by Neca. And some of Davy Jones.

Pintel and Ragetti action figure by Neca. No Norrington or others.

Looking forward to more with with PotC other than everything being about Jack. I think PotC is what it is with everyone else, too. Not just Jack.

I'm still wanting Barbossa's ring... and also his pistol. The sword is easily obtainable to my understanding as it's a French Cavalry sword. A couple other gents who have a fantastic Barbossa outfit found that out. And... well, Barbossa's hat... not too hard to construct yourself. I've proof of that. :)

They need more merchandise for us adults, too. Not just the kiddie stuff. Master Replicas is doing a fair enough job. It's just hard to obtain Master Replica items unless ordering it online via their site or eBay.

My nephew mentioned he'd like to see a model or 3D puzzle of the Flying Dutchman. He adores Davy Jones and loves the Flying Dutchman.

Barbossa's ring, his pistol.. sword, snake pendent, and other things. Even Davy Jones' chest (as the key is out there), his musical pendent... and more.

More adult stuff. :)

~Lady B

:blink:

I'm surprised no one has talked about Cutler Beckett, who the hell is he? That really is the only thing that had me stumped. This guy shows up in the beginning, and everyone acts like they know who he is. The way he just waltzes in, takes over, has Wil and Elizabeth arrested and even the Governor can't do anything to stop him, what a load of crap! No mention of him in the first movie. I tried to find some back story on him, but nothing. Is he just someone we're all supposed to know who he is? At Disneyland on Friday we tried to find one of the movie books they have at the Pieces of Eight store. That book tells a whole different story practically, the ending is totally all wrong.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Silkie... thanks for the reminder on the quote.

So... a couple of quick thoughts here, probably way off base.

Jack takes at least two items while at Tia's cabin (hut? hovel?) The first I'm not quite sure what it was... he pockets it pretty quickly. The second is the ring (black stone in a gold setting) that sits next to the heart-shaped pendant with the womans face... the one that is identical to the music box on Davey Jones keyboard. (I would say 'organ' but it sounds funny)

Now, this is probably nothing more than my imagination, but looking at those two identical items, it seemed they reminded me of something... the carapice of the Heikegani, or Samuri Crab found in Japan. The carapice of this crab has the appearance of a human warrior's face. Given that the crew of the Flying Dutchman all take on the appearance of various sea creatures, and that there seem to be oriental pirates in the third movie, I wonder if there might be something to that or not.

Probably not, but I needed a speculation all my own. :ph34r:

Lord Cutler Beckett... commander in chief of the East India Trading Company... to me that's self explanitory. I need nothing more than that. Even then men who gained status via a super wealthy business gained ranked... even Lord. If one debates that... I know a couple historical figures and a family in particular who gained their way to rank and status that way... cutting close to Royals due to their fantasti job and career.

I loathe Beckett already. the moment he set foot upon the screen.. I loathed him. And loathed him even more so at the end whilst taking pity upon Davy Jones who is now enslaved by Beckett.

I accept who Beckett is and all, Christine. I've no trouble figuring that out, how and why.

The 3rd film has me utterly curious now.. having found a couple places online that have interviewed the actors... Bill Nighy is so good at not saying a word other than it's insane, crazy but brilliant!

Naomi Harris... well, she has me curious about Tia Dalma now. Especially at the end of #3.

~Lady B

:ph34r: