POTC - Sea Shanties (ROCK ON)....

We shouldn't be surprised...with the popularity of the first moive...several well known Rockers such as BONO, STING and NICK CAVE are among the stars who have reworked classic pirate tunes and sea chanteys for a new album inspired by JOHNNY DEPP's PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies.

The big names join BRYAN FERRY, JARVIS COCKER, ANDREA CORR, RUFUS WAINWRIGHT and CHICAGO star JOHN C REILLY on upcoming double album ROGUES GALLERY: PIRATE BALLADS, SEA SONGS + CHANTEYS (corr). The 43-song album was the brainchild of Pirates of The Carribean director GORE VERBINSKI. He says, "I slowly became fascinated by the idea of a contemporary reinterpretation of the sea chantey. "I imagined the artists that I listen to and respect doing their take on this age-old music."

Highlights of the album include Reilly's rendition of MY SON JOHN, FIRE DOWN BELOW by Cave and STING's version of sea song BLOOD RED ROSES.

Let us hope that they do justice to the songs of this age!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Whoa.... "Leave Her Johnny," by Lou Reed.

That oughta be a heart string puller.

Ya! And just to hear BONO and STING put their 'two-cents' in on some of the classics should be worth the coin!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"