Pirate Day at Barnes and Noble

Zephaniah W Nash

Not that much of an event, I'll admit, but here in D/FW, we gotta take what we can get. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the release of a p'ticular movie, but the Barnes and Noble in Arlington, TX is having a Pirate Day, with the booksellers and all wearing garb - at least them what's got it. The others will be getting by with Hawaiian shirts and leis (and no, I'm sure there won't be a single comment from me asking anyone if they want to get "lei-ed").

It was very, very difficult, of course, but they've talked my better half and I (she actually works there, and would be there anyway, but...) into coming in to do story time for the little ones, and host a discussion about Historical vs. Hollywood pirates.

Why, our names and faces are even up in... well... not lights, but on posters, at any rate. And since she's worked there, we've written about half the other employees into the crew, we might as well call it "Scandalous day."

sig2.jpg