We should make our own

Winston

We all attend different events and fairs and such. But have you ever been to one and said. I can do way better then this....

So the question is...if you had a festival. What events and such would you throw in??

My idea is to have a contest between two hired teams. The Pirates and the Militia.

The Militia would start out with certian Pirates captured and in jail. The pirates stationed at a different section of the festival would then run attempts to get their friends out. But use the public get them involved. Like send a kid to give messages to the captured to organize, or get somebody to cause a distraction so the pirates can help their mates...

I now realized how bored I really am at work..... B)

Sorry

Actually, a version of this theatrical scenario was played out in the Port Washington (WI) Pirate Festival, which is the subject of another RAIDS thread. Pirates burst from the crowd to fight armed militia in order to free the captured pirates, and a pirate ship sailed into the harbor, cannons blazing, turning the tide of the battle.

However, the logistics were not the best (poor acoustics; noisy crowd drowning out the actors; the local church bell started chiming at noon during a major speech -- odd how no one saw that coming). But is was a great playlet, and I saw tremendous potential for an expanded version for next year's festival.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg