Cutthroat Pirate Festival

Guest wsdean

Guest wsdean

:angry: My sisters, brother-in-law and I (in proper pyrate attire, mind ye!) went to the Cutthroat and it was piracy indeed. $16.00 at the gate on Saturday -- opening day -- we were there at 4 PM and the place was deader than the deadest mackerel in the barrel. It wasn't THAT hot - temperature-wise - and only a handful -- maybe a dozen -- pirates were in evidence at the - cough cough - booths. The beer wasn't cold, the only game booth was one lone feller trying to get us to pay a dollar to break a plate. The only entertainment was one guy trying to spin a yarn out of a threadbare imagination and some other feller singing -- not some pirate shanty -- but a tired old English folksong. Now that -- for $16.00 a head IS piracy of the worst kind. Next year we're going to the Irish festival where there's lively PEOPLE and music and suchlike. The Corona Cutthroat festival is sunk for me, maties!

I have to agree with you.

We went out Saturday afternoon too, and were dismayed at the lack of anything. But the fact remains, we only counted 4 small signs (8x10) posted to a couple of telephone poles.

The lack of advertising for that event is non-existant.

Now when the Kroenberg faire was going on, there were signs all over.

I have stated this many times and will say it again, Tom Wilson (who owns that site and runs events there) could care less about anything except the money that goes into his pocket, which isn't much. And he wonders why people don't come out....

I wasn't there on Sunday, but I can tell you it was in the triple digits of heat.

Sadly Jamaica Rose is the one who claimed outright that June is a cooler month than last year's August (which had the highest temps 108 for the whole summer), she's again been proven wrong. Don't get me wrong I like Jamica Rose and respect her highly, but if this event is going to continue, it must be in the winter and more advertising. Otherwise this event should die it's death. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, I made it to Corona. Had a grand time chatting with me friends, who, unfortunately, had to stay all day. As I paid to get in (with coupons readily available online and onsite), me and me 4 other mates all got in for under $45.

Twas still Hot as hell, but Corona has trees and there is shade. Alas, there was not much food by Sunday. Huzzah! to vendors, especially the lemonaide vendor, who braved it all.

There winds of gossip have indicated that it will be moved to April. Perhaps, the third time is a charm.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

WOW how sad and I thought it was later this month...just checked and it was on already. Well I agree I thought there was hardly anyone last year and now to hear this...very sad very very sad....and with all the hype with POTC 2. Well all I can say is let's hope for that ren faire on Ortega Hwy

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg