Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Didn't miss it, but couldn't get my Internet Explorer working. But the girls on the Johnny boards kept me informed about dresses and stuff. Johnny looked georgeous (like always) and wore the Gonzopin. These are the little things that make me love him even more. And makes it worth to stay up all night.

Check it out.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...0%7c0&p=&tag=10

I'm off to bed now. It's nearly 7 am over here in Germany. Good night and sweet dreams about plundering. :lol:

Yup, I watched it and now I'm getting ready to head out to Disneyland this morning. :D

Watch out for all the Star Wars fans, Christine. It's Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland today. :D

I'll be there in my special Star Wars shirt. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Alas... I tried to watch the Webcast.. but, no picture and sound was so horrible as I couldn't hear a word really... it cut out that much. So... I couldn't hear it.

Nor do I have cable to watch it.

I did see some of the Premiere pictures on a site someone linked to. They looked awesome.

Aye.. that image of Marilyn Manson and Mickey... I honestly thought that was the weirdest was to see Manson there.. and in his makeup and all. Odd fellow.

But Mackenzie and Lee looked incredibly sharp! Good God! Someone pass my compliments on to those 2 gents!

Johnny and Orlando and Kiera as lovely as ever.

What a variety of folks that showed up this time.

So how many pirates from this Pub went? In garb or not?

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Came back from Disneyland and had a great time! Yes it was crowded and yes it was hotter than hell, but still had fun. Surprisingly, we only waited less than 20 minutes for Pirates. The line started all the way at the gates of Frontierland, but it was a very fast moving line. The new additions to the ride are awesome!

SPOILERS AHEAD:

It's darker, there's more fog, they added some lightning effects to some areas. The 3 Captain Jack Sparrows they have thru-out the ride are darn creepy as to how real-looking they are! The misty warterfall effect with the Davey Jones character was uber cool! And of course seeing Captain Barbossa on the main ship attacking the fortress was just too darn cool! Oh, the pirates chasing the wenches scene is back, very cool!

Hey, Capt Grey, I forgot about the Star Wars day, that would explain why I saw a few people with light sabers-lol! I never made it over to Tomorrowland, just too damn hot! We did, in this order, Indiana Jones, Pirates, Splash Mountain and then we all quickly headed for California Adventure. It was so horribly hot I was getting dizzy, there was no air at all. Muggy, sticky and just plain hot! We tried to stay on the cooler rides like Soaring Over Cali and vegged out at the Muppet Vision show. Getting wet on Splash Mountain was very refreshing but temporary. We dried pretty quickly, ugh! It was cool, we got those Premiere buttons they passed out yesterday. All and it was a lot of fun and Pirates was the highlight of the day! :P

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Let me change my response: That picture is a "WIREimage" copywrighted picture. To see the others taken at the same time, click here.

9178953.jpg

Aye lass...

Those were promotion and press shots taken before the event itself.

What paper does your friend work with Christine? Nice work! :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I tried to ride this yesterday, but I kept missing the opportunity. By the last time I tried, they had shut it down for the night and weren't going to open it until today.

Other people I went with got on. They said it was great.

I'll try again in the off-season. I don't like going to Disneyland in the summer time. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

I'll try again in the off-season. I don't like going to Disneyland in the summer time. :angry:

Arrrgh! Capt Grey, tell me you didn't brave this with yer wee one in tow? Have ye had too much rum?

I'm going to wait until we have something idiotically called "Fall Break". It's kinda like Spring Break, but it's really just to annoy the parents. Hopefully, the ride won't run into any problems and will be operating that week. Blades crossed. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

This is pretty crazy, I've been hearing how some people, who went to watch the celebs on the red carpet, got crushed and bruised. All that pushing people did when the celebs came walking by got painful for some people. One person mentioned having to take their one friend for medical help for being pretty badly bruised. Johnny Depp was nice enough to talk to some of the ones who got hurt. Geez, how crazy! I'm glad I waited til Sunday to go. Tho, getting beaten up just to have Johnny talk to me might have been worth it-lol! "Hey, Johnny, I'm having a little trouble breathing over here from being crushed, can you help me?" :rolleyes: Naw, in all seriousness, that is crazy and this is why I had no plans to go anywhere near there that night unless I got invited to the actual Premiere. Just way too crazy and crowded! Sunday was not as bad at all, surprisingly, it was tolerable. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

No Pearl, I didn't take the kids. This was a "mommy-only" visit with my friends for Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland. We're trying to convince the park to have Star Wars Weekends like Florida has.

Did you make it on the ride, Christine? The humidity was terrible on Sunday. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Oh, yeah, I got on. We were told by a Cast Member to check back around 11 am, it would be open by then. Killed time to get something to eat and just try to stay cool. Came back over at 11:30 and the line stretched to the gates of Frontierland. The line moved very fast tho, got on the ride under 20 minutes. It's great, a lot of fun! Can't wait to go back again, most likely this Thursday! B)

Yeah, the weather was horrible that day, no air, hot, muggy and sticky! I'd dump water on me and be dry in minutes. We did Splash Mountain and it was only refreshing for a few minutes. It's been like that down here too, ugh! We need a huge rain storm to help cool things off. :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg