military things not to do.

Biker

110. Never, ever, attempt to correct a Green Beret officer about anything.

Yea, I figured that one out the hard way.

And yes, I'm guilty of a few more of these as well. Majors have "NO" sense of humor.

189. Do not dare SERE graduates to eat bugs. They will always do it.

YES, THEY WILL!!!!

23. Must never ask anyone who outranks me if they've been smoking crack.

Also add: Never tell someone with more rank than you that they need to "shit" something for you, either.

53. Not allowed to quote “Full Metal Jacket “ at the rifle range.

Uh....yeah. All the time... B)

101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Well, maybe HE wasn't. But I....well...YOU know.

136. Shouting “Let’s do the village! Let’s do the whole fucking village!” while out on a mission is bad.

So is, "Burn motherf*&%er, burn!" as you hold your zippo up in the air. For some reason the brass frowns upon such things.

43. I do not need to keep a “range card” by my window.

Not a range card, but detail op plan to assault and kill my Gunny as he slept in his bed. It also included E&E plans. Some were impressed! Others (for some reason) were a bit worried. <_<

175. We do not “charge into battle, naked, like the Celts”.

So THAT's why they were lookin' at me funny....

182. There is no FM for “wall-to-wall counseling”.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! That's why I've never violated policy when conducting said counseling.... B)

185. My name is not a killing word.

THE HELL IT ISN'T! MY NAME IS "PSYCHO". BEST MOVE OUTTA THE F*&%&G WAY!

Edited to add:

Never put Kathy Ireland's face over the Commandant's photo in the chain of command. Even though I would proudly "salute" her - my CO did not approve....

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.

Oops.

#12: Not allowed to join any militia.

Oops.

#13: Not allowed to form any militia.

Well, it was my friend's militia (also in the Coast Guard). Technically, I'm still a member. However, in order to be effective in Alaska, I'll need a lot more firepower.

#19: May not call any officers immoral, untrustworthy, lying, slime, even if I'm right.

I've come very, very close to this one. Gotta love company officers with Napoleon complexes.

#37: Our medic is called “Sgt Larwasa”, not “Dr. Feelgood”.

Actually, our doc thought that was funny as hell, especially because I did the audit on his meds.

#59: May not make posters depicting the leadership failings of my chain of command.

The best poster I saw was slightly modified. Originally, it was for an Academy social and stated "Fake Beer + Women". However, someone modified it to say "Fake (Beer + Women)". Surprisingly, it stayed up for about 3 days in a prominent place!

#119: I cannot arrest children for being rude.

So many times I wish I could...

#152: The following items do not exist: Keys to the Drop Zone, A box of grid squares, blinker fluid, winter air for tires, canopy lights, or Chem-Light ® batteries.

Nor a DC Punch, the Keys to the Sea Chest, or Relative Bearing Grease.

Coastie <_<

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Ya know, flinging Frisbees and pocket bibles at the Iraqis during an assault will get you in a bit of hot water too. Apparently NATO has no sense of humor either.

No joke, my buddies and I did this during Op. Desert Storm while taking objective Viper about 120 KM South of Baghdad. what a hoot! My Top Sgt. nailed an Iraqi officer with a bible, right in the forhead, and the SOB threw his hands up and surrendered.

Them damn COs take all the fun out of braking in the green folks...

I've never been in the Military ( My hat's off to all those who have served and are still...), But I have worked with many Vets, mainly Navy...

Making someone on a ship stand on "Mail Watch"...

Send them for a 'Steam Sample'...

Send them for a box of 'Ball Tabs' (This is from the CIC)

Send them for a bottle of 'Prop Wash'....

Send them for a length of 'Gig Line'....

Can't remember any more at the moment...

In my tech job, I've sent new folks for BS tools, such as;

A metric Crescent Wrench, A left handed screwdriver, a chain stretcher... etc...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

WE sent a jr sailor down to the enclosed operating are with a 1/4" wrench to 'tighten up the nuts on the MPA(main propulsion assistant). He was not amused

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Who was not amused?

The Jr Sailor, or the MPA?

:ph34r::lol::ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

As an Officer, I’ve had a few newbies try some of these on me. It’s easy to tell if they are posers or not.

The last time someone did something stupid to piss me off or tried to cover it up by putting me off balance, I shot back at him the ‘Holy crap!’ response with:

“You have set forth a course of events that may bring about the next apocalypse!”.

They just stood there and looked stunned themselves. Don’t mess with me.

It’s the stupid ones that think they are clever that I cut down.

The smart ones that actually are clever usually arn’t being malicious about it. These are the ones that are good for moral of the ship.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

#152: The following items do not exist: Keys to the Drop Zone, A box of grid squares, blinker fluid, winter air for tires, canopy lights, or Chem-Light ® batteries.

We sent the green horns to the 3main machinnery space for an "MR Punch" :angry:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

hmmmmi didn't see the one about sculpting c4 into busts of political leaders (as in "comander in chief") or using prima-cord to do macreme` both of which i :lol: "knew" :lol: occured ....or rigging trip wires under toiletseat lids in the officer's head ...and always remember it isn't good to get caught in parked car with the admiral's 16 year old daughter at 2:30 am sunday morning :rolleyes::lol::lol:

remember it isn't good to get caught in parked car with the admiral's 16 year old daughter at 2:30 am sunday morning   

Is there a story attached to this one? ;):lol:

One would hope.

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

do you want to tell the story or shall we torture it out of ya?