pyrate party decor ideas

I need low cost decorating ideas.

Low cost thought... make streamers of jolly rogers (ala paper dolls, only use crossed bones...) Maybe pirate treasure out of poker chips painted gold, or even cardboard circles painted gold... craft stores have inexpensive beads that are gemlike.... Dim lighting can cover a multitude of sins (literally...)

Don't know if that helps, but I tried... :)

:rolleyes:

Ahoy, Capt. Sadie!

Where's the party? I love pirate parties!

I have some tips for your decorations...

You can go to some different places where they have games for the kiddies and cash in a few bucks to get tokens. Some tokens look like pirate gold! I have a few tokens that have a crown on both sides. They don't say anything, and they look and "clink" like real money. Plus, when you get done with the party, you can go cash 'em in by playing games, or you can give them to the guests at your party! A Mr. Gatti's pizza place a few miles from me has some tokens. You can also get them at Chuck E. Cheese, but I'm not sure what they say on the token. Also, most arcades only take tokens now.

Also, you could make nautical flags out of construction paper (or tissue paper) and hang them from ribbons or streamers around the room. I don't know how, but you can spell out things with some of the flags.

Outdoors: Hang a Jolly Roger out on your front porch. Stick a plank between the side railings. Hang lanterns on your front porch. Those little decorative chests are really popular now.

Also, a fun way to have candy: take one of the decorative chests, fill the bottom half with a towel and then put foil-wrapped chocolate or bubble gum coins on top. The towel will save you from having to fill the trunk up with the candy. Your guests will be able to eat their prizes!

Since Pirates of the Caribbean came out this year, I'm sure you'll find some candy that is pirate-oriented. I just saw skull-and-crossbones suckers the other day!

Have fun!

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Why, thank'ee, Royaliste! Happy to know I could help some poor soul who may be as broke as I am.

Where are all those Spanish galleons when we need them? Aww, well, I don't even have a ship. Just a car.

If I had a ship, it would be small and lightweight. Fast enough to outrun the big ships...or chase them down.

Okay, I have retreated into Fantasyland. I must go to bed now.

Ich muB habe...schlafenzimmer!

My fingers are dead. My head is drooping. It's 2AM here.

See ya.

ARRGH!

:ph34r:

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

you can make great treasure chests outa shoeboxes

cover with brown postal paper or spray paint em brown.

use a permanent black marker to add 'wood' grain

and then add steel bands outa silver duct tape an use the pen to make 'rivets'.

sequins also look good like gems an gold as an accent.

I can get mardi gras beads for about .35 cents a strand at a local party store.

them gold wrapped toffee candies look rich too.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions