The FAO Schwartz POTC look-alike contest

Christine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bou8wjt1Cx4

My friend Toby, so many know of him, was there to participate in this. He wasn't too happy to only make 2nd place, but hey, $2,500 is a nice chunk of change. And he got toys too! lol! Gotta wonder tho, it's a Pirates look-alike contest, they had some good looking Wil Turners, only saw one Elizabeth Swann in this video, but I'm sure there were more. The 3 winners were all Jacks, how odd!

Here's also a link to photos on the winners:

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p...3&c=news_photos

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Jack 2 talked about going, but only if I went along. I couldn't afford it, but Jack 2 would have walked away with it. Ace is good, but his pieces aren't all correct yet. Besides, Ace does Jack Spareribs if I'm not correct, so he isn't trying to be an accurate CJS. The guy who won happend to look alot like the plastic Zizzle toy. His face was very shiny.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Jack 2 talked about going, but only if I went along.  I couldn't afford it, but  Jack 2 would have walked away with it.  Ace is good, but his pieces aren't all correct yet.  Besides, Ace does Jack Spareribs if I'm not correct, so he isn't trying to be an accurate CJS.  The guy who won happend to look alot like the plastic Zizzle toy.  His face was very shiny.

Ah but my costume is finally complete and vary accurate now.

Yes, I do a spoof for my shows as Spareribs, but for a new car...

I would be ALL Captain Jack. :angry:

I didn't have the cash to jump on a plane and had only heard about it a week in advance. Had shows booked and stuff.

Someday I have to meet Jack2

This is my latest gear:

Jack_Spareribs.jpg

Jack 2 talked about going, but only if I went along.  I couldn't afford it, but  Jack 2 would have walked away with it.  Ace is good, but his pieces aren't all correct yet.  Besides, Ace does Jack Spareribs if I'm not correct, so he isn't trying to be an accurate CJS.  The guy who won happend to look alot like the plastic Zizzle toy.  His face was very shiny.

I would be ALL Captain Jack. :lol:

I didn't have the cash to jump on a plane and had only heard about it a week in advance. Had shows booked and stuff.

This is my latest gear:

Jack_Spareribs.jpg

Oh, yes Ace, you look awesome! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

You're looking great, Ace! Can't wait to see the new garb at Ojai in the fall. You will be there, right?

To see Jack2 at the latest gig, go to HERE click on Big Bear Pirate Fair. That's Jack2 with the kiddies.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yeah, Jack2 looks great too! All these guys are great! Toby just lives and breathes Jack, practically everyday. He admitted to me he sleeps in the costume sometimes during conventions. I know he did for San Diego Comic Con. That's all he does, lives each day to perfect the costume and character a little better than the day before.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

There are many Jack Sparrows out there, and it's not easy for all to look like Mr Depp.

But the few who do... my compliments.

Aye, Tis a pity you were unable to go, Ace. It's a pity that this was done in NYC. Perhaps next years film... they will do a Nationwide PotC look alike contest/search!

But, I agree with the consensus.... Toby was robbed of First Place if not the Grand Prize. He does have a spot on Sparrow outfit.

And... just for show all... here's an image of Toby as Jack... of course.. with me, but.. hey... Toby steals the show in this picture! :lol:

JackLadyBpistol.jpg

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I ain't seen Toby..... but Ace has the mannerisims down...... Dang... he CAN DO Jack Sparrow (OK.... that's Captain Jack Spareribs...........)

Dang... he (and his garb) is (are) GOOD.......

( and Ace.... remember... it is a "period" representation........... just of a chareacer from a movie.... <_< )

I've not met Ace face to face. Not yet. I pray I will meet ya someday, Ace. God be willing.

Toby being the only one I've met.

Though I know others around the US who do Jack. Wade and Jimmy are a couple other gents who live down in Georgia. And a couple fantastic Barbossa's, too. Billy and Joey.

I've yet to see Lee's Barbossa outfit. Though, how his Barbossa coat was minorly damaged was incredibly hilarious! And... BUY HIS HOOKS! They rock! Awesome pirate hooks, all! I recommend them. I'm sure Pete Straw will back me up on this.

One thing I wish though... was for someone who can do an outstanding Jack Sparrow who lived near Cedar Rapids for the DMC event on July 7th. Or even a Will Turner or Elizabeth Swann... any lookalike from the film. Shoot. Gabriel is a dead ringer enough for Will Turner! Lad.. wish you were joining us.

Don't often see other PotC look alikes. Mostly Jack. On occassion... you spot someone looking like Will or Elizabeth. Or even Norrington... besides Jack... and again, a couple Barbossa's. But nothing much else. Rather sad.

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I would be ALL Captain Jack. :D

This is my latest gear:

Jack_Spareribs.jpg

Did you ever send a pcket to Disney to see about joining the Zoo Crew?

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif