Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

www.portroyalpirateweather.com?

Well done!

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, way back when we first started, I asked if someone could play "calender" and keep track of what day it was. I tend to get a bit panicked when I've been playing it as daytime, then the next person comes in and says, "in the darkness of night" sort of thing. I know it's hard, especially with so many characters spread out over so much territory - ships at sea, people in port, people inland - but it might be nice to clarify it once and a while. We could post it on this thread so it wouldn't distract from the story.

And Chole, thanks for the pyrate weather cam update! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I thought it was early morning?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Around that time going by my recolection of events...but I was wrong....once..... :lol::rolleyes:

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

See that's the thing with the time that hurts my head.

From what I can see, Ransom was the first out, it was early morning for her. Captain Sterlings bunch has gone through morning-afternoonish maybe to get to the 'Angel. Meanwhile Striker & I didn't start heading for Maligna til afternoon at the earliest 'cuase I was busy screwing around.

I guess what matters most is to make sure if you're interacting with someone that they are in the same time that you are. But we're not all going to be doing everything at exactly the same time (right?). It's more of a day at a time rather than hour by hour. Depending on how busy the charecter is it might take longer to get through "morning" than it will for others.

blah blah blah, the chatty bug got me today I swear it.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

From what I can see, Ransom was the first out, it was early morning for her. Captain Sterlings bunch has gone through morning-afternoonish maybe to get to the 'Angel. Meanwhile Striker & I didn't start heading for Maligna til afternoon at the earliest 'cuase I was busy screwing around.

Huh.

I thought 'twas late night. Midnight+, 'r 'm I way off?

C'n we 'ave a "check-in" for char's and posts today?

Liam an' I 're 'n a small cutter on th' way t' La Maligna. Th' storm forced 's t' th' Archangel jus' leaving port.

So f'r us: Mid-harbour; late night, early morn.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Okay, Ransom left Kingston about an hour after dawn. The Rakehell is now running before the storm somewhere west of Jamaica, trying to head southwest to get around behind it, before being blown all the way to the Gulf of Mexico (too many spaniards that a way!). Last post, I said she'd been out 5-6 hrs, to jive with the La Maligna and Angel just leaving port in the afternoon.

Professor Angus Trilby is sitting the storm out in his house. So time of day for him is not an issue.

Ioan is currently on the La Maligna, so whatever time they're on, so is he.

I was under the impression that it was still only late afternoon. Storm getting worse.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Shall we just do this an easier way and call it noonish to twoish? Rather a middle ground?

If there needs be a linear tracking of time, then perhaps this will suit. The problem I have seen in the past with time constraint with this many writers, is if someone falls out of the loop for a bit then they are forced to perform acrobatic feats to reset. The only thing that can be done to rectify said situation is the write in retro if the situation was of import.

Beyond such, the only advice I can relay is to keep careful track of what your cohorts are writting to gage time. It is possible to set time constraints on scheduel...But I think you will all find it to be more of a hinderance than an aid. I am flexible, it matters not overmuch to me what is decided.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

could we not, say, change the day once per week, like say every saturday starts a new day in PR. Won't help with the actual time of day but would help with what day it is. It seems almost impossible for us to all maintain the same hours per day as far as PR time because of the different amounts each of us write. The twins are across the pond so their times are different. Im in school and don't have internet at home so I have to play catch-up after the weekends. At least if we had a specific time for a day change we could kind of keep track of the actual time by what day of the week it is. Saturday is early morning, Wednesday is noon, friday is late night. Something like that? Just a thought. :huh:

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

Sorry folks, got my hands full with business for the next month... so it is off to Virginia for the Archangel...I promise to get the Twins back on dry land first without marooning them... so I'll check in to see when the storm is over so that can be accomplished...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure, but I'd say it's been at least 24 - 36 hours since the hurricane hit. So it's probably down to just rain and a bit of wind by now. Safe for ships to come home, and land dwellers to venture out to see what damage has been done.

Other than that, no, I don't think we've decided on anything official - unless you want to volunteer to be the PR keeper of the time! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

La Maligna is up to day 2, about to start day 3 on the return to port from what I can tell. Same with the Spaniard. Rakehell is on day 2 as well. I don't think the Archangel has finished their day 1 though (noone's slept yet over there). The storm is fading for the gypsys so I'm guessing they are on day 2 as well.

Thread is going to be slow for a while thanks to the holidays. Take your time catching up Dan.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

So is the Port Royal thread now dead in the water? Has it been put to rest?

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh Captain, please don't say such things. I am sure that it is the time of year. There are so many obligations between family and friends that very few of us have the spare time right now.

I am still trying to find my character. Let us hope that it is slow due to the holidays.

Lilith - Commander of The Tartarus

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

Not to fret dear Lady... if worse comes to worst, we can always start a new one... :rolleyes:

Crewe of the Archangel

A new story line?! Yikes! I just spent the last week reading the entire Port Royal storyline and I am almost caught up!

I like it...I want to know if the Captain gets home, if Aurore will stay with her family, what will happen to Jane and Striker? And will Morgan ever come back?

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

And will Morgan ever come back?

NOW that is the question of the year!!! :huh::rolleyes:

Crewe of the Archangel

We're not dead in the water Captain Sterling. Limping but she hasn't sunk yet. I'll be darned if anything is sinking on my watch :huh:

Striker & I aren't writing much now due to other obligations. I know we both have plenty of plans to keep our story line moving forward once life gets out of the way again. Pissed off Spaniards, romance, murder, mayhem, and old friends. It's going to be great fun! :rolleyes:

Have no fear, come Jan things will get rolling again.

Good to Hear! (oh, how do I look?)

Thought a more current updated photo would look better.

Okay then...as I stated before, it is the season of OBLIGATIONS. It's good to hear that I am not the only person that needs some time to muster through the holidays and then move forward come January....or perhaps February :rolleyes:

Yes wonderful picture... :rolleyes:

Crewe of the Archangel

Why, thank you Captain!

Oh, that's right! The Earthquake. That should make things very interesting...

Why thank you, Striker...oh, I love PhotoShop!!!!