Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

"Hmmm, " Sterling mused a moment. "I would think most would at least be folks that I know of... if not I can heartly say the watchers are being watched. Perhaps ye would feel more up to a seat and a drink in the pub? My injuries be different, but I would be most grateful myself to get off of my feet. The Cheshire Cheese is close at hand, would that suit ye Sir?"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aurore's expression was a portraite of calm thoughtfulness, a mask that remained in place as the faux pas was rendered. Beneath gracious fronting, she surveyed those before he with veiled scrutiny of finite quality. From the first appearence of the other captain, it was noted that there was some discomfort hidden by the way he moved. Striker did well to cover whatever was harrassing his bearing, but beneath it all, Aurore was all too aware of demon knawing at ruse foundations. In an act of mercy, she moved forward to prevent him further angst of protocal.

"Enchante, Capitaine..." Glancing to Sterling then back, she continued. "Perhaps it would be best to move into shelter with more privacy and comfort? Mulled cider does well to belay the effects of the foul weather we have found ourselves in."

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"Aye , that will do ! By God they should forbid knives " Striker said following Sterling while keeping a fast grip on Jane's hand for support while the pain rushed through him.

Sterling chuckled. "I could say the same 'bout pistol and shot, but then where would we be, slaves of some few and powerful?" He gently pulled Aurore closer to his side as they continued their way toward the Tavern. "We shall have you out of this rain soon enough Chere. I recommend a warm bath later perhaps," he added with another chuckle and a wicked grin.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Seth Childermass watched the dampened entourage from the place he had taken up at barside. Body language and movement were carefully scrutinzed under the cover of tankard draught. A quick glance was thrown to where Burke had taken seating near the roar of hearth and hushed laugh issued forth with the Younger's continued antics involving ealier tap maiden.

The doorway was mommentarily barricaded against the grayish light without, as small party moved within and barmaid's posterior was playfully slapped sending her forth to accommodate.

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

A table was capture and group took their seating. Drinks were ordered and captains soon fell to debating as to who would foot the tab. Aurore watched as Sterling once again retreived pipe and tabacco.

"Would you be so kind as to pack this for me, Chere?" he asked, his left arm once more hampered by annoyance of sling.

Crewe of the Archangel

Taking the object proffered, Aurore deftly proformed the ritual at hand then returned it to Sterling's keeping. The olive sights fell to where Striker had choosen his placement and she queried politely,

"You shall forgive if I am overstepping propriety, Capitaine...But I must enquire as to if you have been given proper care for that which ailes you. This climate can prove most unsavory to wounds...."

Any other wordings intended froze in passage as the familliar name was mentioned.

"I was under the impression that Killingsworth, and any further difficulties he may promote, were, shall we say, put to rest?" Sterling said. He leaned back a pace as a tankard was placed before him. "Thank ye lass," he added, his eyes never leaving Striker.

He took the pipe first and lit it with the soul candle in their midst. He took a deep draw and Aurore realized why he was smoking. She reached beneath the table and rested her hand against his thigh.

"Aye, Mistress Devareaux is correct Sir. I would think tending to yer wounds would be of the utmost regard instead of worries of Master Killingsworth."

He took another deep draw, wishing now, he could place his own hand covering the calming touch of his lover.

Crewe of the Archangel

Taking the object proffered, Aurore deftly proformed the ritual at hand then returned it to Sterling's keeping. The olive sights fell to where Striker had choosen his placement and she queried politely,

"You shall forgive if I am overstepping propriety, Capitaine...But I must enquire as to if you have been given proper care for that which ailes you. This climate can prove most unsavory to wounds...."

Any other wordings intended froze in passage as the familliar name was mentioned.

"Mademoiselle , I must admit that no ships surgent have looked at it. But I have seen that Mistress Melchert did a fine job as I could judge"

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

Aurore glanced to the other woman briefly with a nod of acknowledgement then returned center to Striker.

"Capitaine, to be safe...I would encourage you to seek proper treatment. I am of no doubt that mademoiselle is dilligent in her care, but it takes not much for a small wound to fester in these humid climes..."

She mused for a momment, "I must agree with Capitaine Sterling...Your efforts of warning are most appreciated, but Monsieur Killingsworth is no longer a subject of threat. Perhaps you should take time to heal yourself and not worry any further on such matters."

"Aye , thank you Mademoiselle , maybe I will do it after this meeting . Killingsworth is dead but there is a new person in town , she killed Killingsworth and is eager to kill Mistress McKinney even though she has specific orders from a Lord Darnly. Her orders were to bring McKinney back to him. As leverage Darnly is using her child , Hector , which he has taken hold of.

The person here at the Port , your enemy , is your old betrothed Lady St.Claire " Said Striker looking straight into Sterling's eye to see his reaction.

Sterling's gut reaction was to laugh. Tess St. Clair, here? Of all people he thought silently to himself. Outwardly his eyes never left Striker.

But as the other captain's information played about in his thoughts, Sterling's nervousness suddenly stilled and a pain, not physical but just as real took hold of him and quickly began to advance upon him.

"Darnly, did ye say? He has ...my... s..." the word strangled and died in his throat.

Andrew March looked across the table as his captain faltered but quickly recovered. The pipe was laid down and now hand went beneath the table's covering and clenched the support of Aurore's own.

"Darnly has Mistress McKinney's child?" he repeated.

Crewe of the Archangel

"Acording to St.Claire he is your son . That is why I am letting ye know about it! And St.Claire is no laughing matter she killed Killingsworth by poison without remorse. All that she wants is ye and she will try to kill everybody close to ye , as she has vowed to do with Mistress McKinney !"

Aurore's features were kept a carefull facade to what now ran through her mind. Like a lionesse protecting her cubs, a cool stream of calculation padded the corridors of mental housing and the one thing that rose clear above the turmoils, was this St. Claire would be hunted down. Dark olive pools slyed to the bar area, resting on the hound of choice briefly then returning to the immediate proximity.

Gently, she covered Sterling's hand with her own that was free...offering silent comfort and shelter to the storm arising.

From barside post, Childermass noted the aggitation that arose in gathered company. Some were subtle as a minute shift of carriage, others were more blatent in visage; all were noted and marked. Ordering another round, the pale sights meandered the surround, liting briefly on Burke then onward to catch Aurore's glance. It was a fleeting step in time, but much could be decerned even in short.

Refreshed tankard afore him, Seth drew from its' content, keeping party in question within peripheral view.

Ioan had been surprized to see that Captain Sterling was not only alive, but the other half of this strange meeting. He met the Captain's eye briefly, then walked silently along as the party moved to a nearby inn. The whole set up made him uncomfortable, as if they were being stalked.

Once inside the inn, Ioan had his second surprize when Killingsworth's name came up, and then that of Lady St. Claire. What a tight, nasty little world we live in, he thought. He listened as Striker informed Captain Sterling of the Lady St Claire's intentions, and wondered if his paltry bit of information would help the man reclaim his son. He owed these people no loyalty, but then, he detested people like Darnly, who thought they ruled the world and all in it.

When there was a brief pause, as Sterling took in the implications of Striker's news, Ioan stepped forward a bit. "If you will excuse my boldness, I think I have other news that might be of interest. Be assured, Lady St. Claire is in Port Royal. Just before I made the aquaitance of the good Captain here," he touched Striker on the shoulder, "I had come from Lady St. Claire's rooms at the Shipp. She had just paid me in gold to recover Killingsworth's body, with the promise of more when I delivered the remains. I have no idea why she wants his carcass, but it's obviously important to her."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

He did not know how long he had sat regarding Striker’s next remark. It was not until he noticed his breathing had increased in pace. For a moment the proud shoulders hunched a bit before they straightened.

“I know,” Sterling sighed his response. “Mistress McKinney has told me so about the child. And I could take yer warning to heart if it were not for Tess St. Claire. The only thing that woman concerns herself about is whether tis enough rice powder with which to cover her nose. How came ye by such information, Sir? For, indeed, I was once betrothed to marry Lady St. Claire, and I think she has not the mind nor the stomach for such a matter.”

He looked to Ioan, his hand still held firmly in Aurore's keeping.

"Is that all ye can tell me?" he whispered. "St. Clair and Killingsworth are cousins. Surely she only wants the body to bring home for burial for the family."

Crewe of the Archangel

"I wanted to kill Killingsworth . Eye for a Eye as the book of the good Lord says. He took my cousins virtue by force and then ended her short life . I curse him and his blood to the fiery pits of hell ! I stood and waited for moment where I could take his life. But the chance did not come because of the poisoning of his foul body ! So I had to watch him die from the shaddows where I was hiding" one could see the fire of hatred burning in Striker's eyes.

Ioan watched as Sterling tried to take all the information in. The man was visibly shaken. A flicker of concern touched the eyes of the woman with him. Ioan looked away, scanning the room. He saw someone he knew, and smiled.

He leaned in to the table, and, speaking in a whisper, said, "The man sitting at the table in the corner is the one who stole Killingsworth off the Rakehell. Mayhap he can tell you more about the mysterious St. Claire."

Ioan gave a slight motion of his head to indicate the man in question.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Andrew March quickly rose to his feet, one hand moving about the butt of pistol tucked within his belt.

"Have a care, Mr. March," Sterling said. "We do not wish to run him off."

"Aye sir," March said making his way to the man Ioan had pointed out.

He stood over him and looked down.

"Beggin yer pardon, sir," March began. "But me good Captain Sterling be wishing ye to join him fer a drink....now."

Crewe of the Archangel

My mind was raced for a reply. When this crowd walked in, it was then I recognized the man Ioan. "Has he given me up?', I thought. "I hope this capt'n does not want to do me in."

"Did he find out what I had done?"

"Gig's up", I thought.

Well I best be moving towards the table and chat or I might have some more trouble.

"Aye sir lead the way." I replied.