Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling eyed the new arrival who was shown to Mr. March's chair. He waited as the fellow lowered himself down to the seat and Andrew March, with a shove of his leg against the back of the chair, pushed him in, all too snuggly to the edge of the table.

"Mr. March?" Sterling said.

"Oh I none be minding the stand, Sir," March replied, clamping his one hand firmly on the newcomer's shoulder.

Sterling leaned forward slightly, still clutching Aurore's hand beneath the table.

"This man here, says ye stole a certain body off of the Rakehell," Sterling began with a nod of his head toward Ioan. "Now, what might ye be wantin to tell us about that?"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Walking over I didn't know what to expect. Mind ran through the various possiblities of what this crowd could want. I could tell there were more of them somewhere in this tavern.

When I was finally at the table, I introduced myself.

"My name is Jack Roberts, I sail with the crew of the Majesty. How may I be of service?" I said as I bowed slightly, hiding my nervousness.

Ioan gave the guest a smirking smile. Maybe this will repay him for getting me flogged, he thought. When Mr. March clamped a hand on the man's shoulder, Ioan gave Jack a slight, mocking bow. "We meet again, Mr. Roberts."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Devon grabbed at favored barmaid as she passed near and pulled her close. In turn, she swatted at him playfully, then gave in as the Irishman pulled her to his lap.

Shannon O'Neil continued to scold as Burke whispered instructions to her near ear, then pushed her up gently to take care of the population growth at near table.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"Aye bruddah, hef nekkid wimmen c'n pass th' time nicely." Liam opens the door and we swiftly have several young maidens around our arms. One nibbles on the back of my ear and another reaches into my pocket. One of the ladies pulls me into a room when we reach the top of the stairs and I can just catch sight of Liam being pulled into one also.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

"Thou be acquainted with a Master Reginald Killingsworth....deceased. What do ye know about that?" Sterling repeated himself... Sterling gave a slight nod of his head. Mr. March's grip suddenly tightened a pace.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I hope this capt'n isn't associted with the Rakehell. I might end up dead.

"Well,..." I stammered, clearing my throat. "Found out that this man was wanted. A Tess St. Clair annouced in one of the taverns that she was looking for a Killingsworth. Through contacts I know and a bit of luck I was able to find where he was. My first visit abroad the Rakehall was a failure. I couldn't live with that. The Rakehell's capt'n was hiding something. So I went back fully loaded and hacked my way through and stole him. I bearly made it out alive. I brought him to this Tess and she paid me rather handsomly."

I took a swig out of my tankard. Clearing my thoughts. I fingered for my cutlass, just to make sure she was there.

No sooner had Ulises been left alone than a cluster of patrons entered the tavern. His attention was immediately drawn to the group as they settled themselves at a central table. Despite the presence of women, this was no ordinary get-together. There was a calculated balance to the gathering, two men on the arms of ladies, each flanked by two others. Indeed, despite outward appearances it was clear to Ulises that this was a meeting of some import.

“Que buena suerte” He muttered a satisfied smirk filling his dark complexion. He sat back in his stiff chair, heavy arms crossing over his chest. His deep eyes settled on the man in red, moving stiffly even with the assistance of a cane.

It was the closest Ulises had come to Striker in nearly three months. His gut burned with desire, wishing nothing more than to watch the life fade from the villain’s eyes. Ulises sucked in a deep breath of stale tavern air, gathering his patience. Revenge would come soon enough. For now he would remain content to keep the quarry in his sights.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Ioan snorted. "Hacked? More like sneeked in like a weasel. He offered me a bribe if I'd turn the man over to him. I refused and Captain Ransom played mum, for reasons of her own, and of which I'm not privy. T'were a fluke that got Killingsworth off the Rakehell, and me a flogging."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

A moment of thought and Sterling gently freed his good hand from Aurore's. Searching through his pocket he finally settled fingers on smooth form.

"The Rakehell's captain was holding Killingsworth? He was still alive then at that point? So was Killingsworth the item being hidden or.." Sterling said, his fingers closing about the object in his pocket. He pulled a gold Guinea outward and placed it on the table surface. With one finger, planted dead center of the coin, he pushed it across toward Roberts. "Or was there more than just that old sod?"

Crewe of the Archangel

As we were seperated I don't know if Ian is having a good time, I can only guess he is, not that I care as my only concern is the buxon wench with me. We roll onto the bed and it squeaks. She giggles. I pull off my jacket and throw it into a corner and begin to unlace her bodice as she runs her hands across my chest. Her breathing is quickening as I remove her bodice and unlace he corset, cupppung one breast in a hand as my other continues to pull the lacings off. We speak no words. None are necessary, we both know what we're doing. She pulls my shurt out of my slops and runs her hands on my flesh. I groan. in a short time our naked bodies are against each other, our hot breath in each others ears. The bed squeaks horribly as we make the beast with two backs...

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Ioan stared at the coin with longing, but knew it was not intended for him. And he didn't want the other man to have it.

"Captain Stering, Killingsworth was the only guest on board the Rakehell. We picked him up off an islet out in the bay. He'd been beaten and branded in the chest. He was in no condition to go anywhere on his own."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ioan snorted. "Hacked? More like sneeked in like a weasel. He offered me a bribe if I'd turn the man over to him. I refused and Captain Ransom played mum, for reasons of her own, and of which I'm not privy. T'were a fluke that got Killingsworth off the Rakehell, and me a flogging."

"Ahhhh.. that's correct. I forgot about that, you where there."

"As to my knowledge Killingsworth was alive, although barely, when I delivered him."

The creaking from the bed next door only brings a smile to my face as I can hear my brother in his throes. I pound on the wall only to hear the noises get louder. The young woman before has gotten down on her knees and removed her bodice. The other has taken to remove my breeches while sliding her hand underneath. Within minutes we can hear our neighbors no more, but have begun our own.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Ioan stared at the coin with longing, but knew it was not intended for him. And he didn't want the other man to have it.

"Captain Stering, Killingsworth was the only guest on board the Rakehell. We picked him up off an islet out in the bay. He'd been beaten and branded in the chest. He was in no condition to go anywhere on his own."

Aurore noted the man called Ion's flash of longing for gold glint circlet, it was a look witnessed on the features of many an individual through the years. As she considered what thoughts drove such lights to men's eyes, his next statements gave pause to musings.

The descript of Killingsworth's condition ment only one thing to her, the location found and brand, sealed it. There was no doubt who's hand had directed the deceased's fate and a slight chill ran her spine. It was without shame that the facts were digested, and truth be known, the transgressor deserved far worse.

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:huh: Walking into the tavern I looked calmly around the commonroom. I walked up to the bar "Bar keep, I be havin' a flaggon o' beer if ye please" after receiving my beer I take a seat toward the back of the room. Smiling wickedly I think to myself "I wonder what these swags be thinkin' now that "Bloody" Dan Reid is in town"

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

Jane’s attention didn’t still through the entire meeting. Her eyes shifted from one speaker to the next, tracing the exchange as best she could. The entire conversation reminded her of tangled rope, undo one knot only to find another or make the first worse. She got the distinct impression that this mess wouldn’t be solved without a bit of cutting.

Jane caught the glimmer of greed in Ioan’s eyes as Sterling placed a guinea against the rough table. Something about the way he referred to this Killingsworth as a guest rubbed her wrong. There was more to the Rakehell than he was letting on. She eyed him skeptically for a moment longer before refocusing on the others at the table. The other lady also seemed to be focusing on Ioan. Although judging by the slightest adjustment in her position it was not his interest in the coin that caught her attention. Jane scowled silently to herself. Rather than quench her curiosity, the day was proving just the opposite.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Sterling’s gaze quickly shifted from the new man at the table to Ioan. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly before he looked aside to his betrothed. Ioan’s sudden interest to be of assistance made Sterling cautious to rely on what he had to say, especially after the Guinea had been produced and offered not to him but to Roberts. Coin always had a way of facilitating the loosening of some people’s tongues. The question was how much of it was truth?

Sterling gave another nod of his head to his first lieutenant. Roberts was being helpful enough and obviously did not need any sort of assistance. But when March lingered in place behind Roberts a few moments longer, Sterling straightened a bit, his hand once more delving, this time under his coat to the small of his back. He paused as March moved around the table and leaned down close to his captain’s ear. Sterling cocked his head slightly, the curls of the long brown wig concealing March’s lips as he whispered.

“Sir, there is a man behind ye to yer left. He has taken too keen an interest in our conversation. Tis the Guinea, Sir, that has caught his eye. He is not Le Cour folk.”

Crewe of the Archangel

Childermass did not move from hunched over posturing of bar surface as the new comer pulled along side making request. Through scraggeled lengnths of dark hair curtain, his pale eyes regarded the other without overdue interest, though note was made of cocksure poise.

Taking a deep pull from tankard companion, Seth shifted footing and glanced around cassually as the other man seemed to gain unanounced interest in the gathering. Body language gave indication with minute leaning, that perhaps the new arrival was taking more interest than was healthy. He considered options with the slow and cold calculation that always served so well.

Straightning his lank frame, a glance was cast across the room to the hearth and Burke. Seth leaned close to the man in question, voice low and verbose delivered in the same icy fashion of his thought patterns.

"Tis unwise to cast yer hearin' where tis unwanted..."

Sterling righted himself, his hand slipping out from under his coat and moving to the table top as he braced himself upon his elbow.

“Quickly then Mr. Roberts…It be most evident that ye not be in the body snatching business as there be no college of physicians in Jamaica, and ye claim, says ye, that ye found Killingsworth very much alive, though worse for wear. Tell me, sir, how come Killingsworth to die after ye laid hands on him and where might I be finding this Lady St. Claire?”

Crewe of the Archangel

Slightly disappointed as the coin disappeared, not that I really cared anyway, I heard whisperings behind me, I could net discern whether it was about me or not. I slid my hand over my coat to check my pistol. Not that I was afraid of this capt'n but of what might be behind me. Not knowing what to say next I asked,

"You say Killingsworth is dead?" I asked, resting my knuckles on the edge of the table, "He was very much alive when I left him, Tess seemed to be very caring. I do believe she is staying at the Shipp Inn."

"So says Captain Striker," Sterling answered. He sat back slightly in his chair, still his back did not come in contact with it.

"Well enough Chere," Sterling said. "Methinks I am quiet certain of what needs doing now." He stood, Hazzards doing likewise and March moving in closer to aid when and if necessary. Sterling held his hand out to Aurore and guided her to her feet before he addressed those that remained about the table once more. He dipped in a slight bow.

"Captain Striker, gentlemen, lady," he said with a nod to Striker's woman. "I think I have more than enough information to aid in any future decisions. I am grateful to ye Captain Striker for all that ye have put yerself through to take the time to speak with me, I wish ye well with yer injury... and to ye Mr. Roberts for such confirmation as ye have provided." He turned to Ioan and offered his hand. "And to ye as well."

When farewells were ended, he offered his arm once more to Aurore.

"Ah, least I forget, Captain Striker, if ye and your good lady would so choose, I would extend an invitation to ye to attend us at the Church tomorrow at noon. Mistress Devareaux and I shall be getting married."

Once more leave was taken. As Archangel entourage cleared the barroom, Sterling let go Aurore and turned quickly to March.

"That Roberts fellow... go back inside later and give him this," Sterling said passing the Guinea to his first officer. "But be weary of that Welshman, Ioan is it?... He is far too helpful. Then, if Mr. Roberts be willing, give him this as well..." He pressed another Guinea into the first officer's palm. "He's been on the Rakehell twice... ask him how much he would like to go back and find out what they are hiding."

Crewe of the Archangel