Renaissance Faire of the Midlands

Greetings One and All,

Just a short note to let all know that this weekend is the Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Friday hours are 6p -9p, Sat 11a-9p, Sun 11a-7p. Come on out and join the crew of "The Salty Kiss" (aka The Ladies of the Salty Kiss) on stage, take in the Tortuga Twins, the Jolly Rogers and the bagpipes of Tartanic.

Hope to see you all there....

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Aye... The Ministry Of Petty Offenses will also be in attendance doing our strolling gags. I also understand the Blue Gryphon Buccaneers will be down from Sioux Falls as well... looks to be a rather largish horde of Pirates invading for the weekend!

Poor Renaissance festivals... they're just being taken over by us sea dogs lately it seems. ;)

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

• 2 weeks later...

Sir Eric,

Hmm... I do not remember anyone fitting said descriptions of either group - the only pubbers that I saw/know was Merry Death. Perchance was the MOPO the group running amuck in the lanes with the interestingly shaped stocks? M' and my crew first saw a young wench in such stocks and then later, a gent in said stocks.

Indeed, we always "invade" this faire, we have performed our stage show there for the past three years now and look forward to returning next year. And the fact that their state park down the road from site has an enclosed sand beach swimming area doesn't hurt either! :P

I expect to see a HUGE upswing in the number of pirate performers, reenactors, patrons and such with the release of POTC2 next month - it happened after the first movie hit and was reknewed by the release of Master and Commander that November. Most ren faires are braced and ready for the influx of pirate types - and the goodly majority of them are waiting the invaders with open arms.

Have a great one

Capt'n Emerald

We were indeed the group with the interesting stocks (called a "Shrew's Fiddle")

fiddlinsm.jpg

We managed to catch one of the Salty Kiss shows... first time I'd seen your group, and enjoyed it very much! Next time I'll make sure to walk up and introduce myself. Cheers!

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Now see, that is why I like doing faires, no matter how long you work them, you still can learn something new! By chance, was that you in the Fiddle being lead about the lanes?

Glad you enjoyed the show, we have fun performing them. Indeed, you shall have to come up and introduce yourself next time.

Have a great 4th.

Captain Emerald

• 2 weeks later...