Sausalito Fireboat Fund

the Royaliste

Sausalito Ca., home to over seven thousand sailors, including the Royaliste and Hawaiian Chieftain, is in desparate need of a fireboat. As folks on Lake Union in Washington can attest, there's nothing pretty about marina fires. They are hard to fight, so most time things just plain burn up. A local Powerboat and Trawler broker, also a poster here, is having a huge boat show October 18 and 19, with the gate admission going 100% to the fireboat fund, and a percentage of the sales from that weekend. As a goodwill gesture, the Royaliste will be at anchor out in the bay in front of the show, with Tales of the Seven Seas, being generally piratical for the public and raising funds for the fireboat. Any interested local pirate or newbies who are interested should contact me or Quill. And any guests out there, please come and help the cause. Look over the new boats, spend a heella lot 'o dubloons and buy one!...Who knows, the party'll be onboard, and could wind up in an evening sail or somethin'.... :ph34r:

Royaliste,

Is there an address that contributions can be sent to? If I were to pay to get out there, I wouldn't have enough left to contribute! I've heard enough WWII stories from my family about fires on water, and would love to help the cause.

CC

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

The Sausalito Fire Department needs an additional $30K. If they use John Deere Diesels, the very intelegent, and dashing host will donate the profit on the motors, THats $15K. The boat builder will decide if they can use these supperior engines. The show needs to raise another $15K.

The Event is held at McGrath Pacific41 Liberty SHip Way behind the Bay Model.

The Bay Priveteers will be rowing thier 20 foot 10 station 18th century longboat. They will also do various demos

On Sat a 10AM a two hour tour of the bay model will be held with an emphisis for sailors! Talking about the currents and micro climates.

A seminar on marline spike seamanship will be held at some time during the day.

Of special interest is the debut of Allen DeLacey's new band, Doxies and Idealers. They play sea shanties and Irish songs. THey have a fiddler and a squeeze box player. They will be on board 12 noon on Sunday

30 boats are on display ranging from $2.8m to $50K. For you sailors there is a great 60' schooner

Cheers

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

:) Just wanted to bring this to the top, as 'tis an important issue, and the fun starts Saturday...This thread jumped to my mind as we extinguished a nasty little fire in a friend's engine room last week..."Cmon out, have some fun in the October sun, an' party like a pirate!..Anything new, Bully??......wonder if'n the Gendarmes should be notified 'bout the cannon fire?.....Hmm......

Ahoy, and avast ye, 'tis gettin' closer, the weather's cooperatin', its beautifulllll, and, well, October in Sausalito is grand. I hope all of you locals or nearly locals will come out to see the boats, enjoy the festivities, and enjoy a day in the boat community.....But a word 'o caution, as Aye hear there be......Pirates!...in these very waters!...........Aye! :lol:

Well, 'tis Friday, and the last time I'll be bringing this to the top..The foghorns were magical last nite, their symphony saying that we may have some fog, but it'll burn off, yielding a glorious day, so please come on out.We need the fireboat desperately..Buy my other boat, and I'll pay the difference,.. its that important!...They've planned for a wonderful time, spreading maritime lore and magic accross the docks. We pirates will do our best to keep you smilin', and havin' a good time. Feel free to come on o'oer to the Pyrate Ship and lend in the merriment! Good times start at Ten AAA EMMM!...RR, a pirate's life for me!...Bully?....... :ph34r: