Sterling, NY

William Blydes

Anyone else looking to visit the faire for opening weekend?

Opening is July 1-2 weekend.

Ahoy William!

The Sterling Ren Faire and Summer Market Place holds a place very near and dear to me heart. I performed there back in the mid-80s and early 90s (support troupe) and even was a co-owner of a clothier shoppe (up upon the hill next to the flyer dragon and the ax and knife throw - if there are still there).

The Faire still brings back wonderful memories and I do miss those in the "Bless the Mark' crew. I wonder if Gary and Sue Izzo still direct/produce there?

Well, enough of my rantings...I am sure that the Pyrate Weekend will be wonderful...sadly...now I live near Bristol Ren Faire...alass...not the same.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aye then.......Sterling Renn and, BTM Players under Master Gary Izzo be a most grand and, wondrous Faire!

23 plus years of memories I have.........

Mister Blydes....I would have welcomed the opportunity to meet ye on Pirate's Weekend........but, mayahp we shall accidentally meet opening weekend.

The Black Dog Pub be a fairly new (actual) Pub recently built......so, I look forward to meeting some of me fellow Pub Pirates there!

Now.....how shall we recognize each other.........?

We needs must have The Secret Sign..........

Till that day.....

~Foxmorton

ps. Do any attend the Alex Bay Pirate's weekend?

Now.....how shall we recognize each other.........?

We needs must have The Secret Sign..........

Perhaps the "Thumbing of One's Nose?" :ph34r:

Twenty three years!...You must have been about whilest I was there myself...I do remember a few faces in my day...names perhaps you know too? Eric Heath (Ax Thrower & Booth Owner), Patrick Johnson (Crusty Karbunkel, Cheese of Albany), and my fav...Peter Soiree...

Member of "The Forsaken"

ps. Do any attend the Alex Bay Pirate's weekend?

Aye it be me 3rd year goin, this comin Sat. August 12th.

I always take me lad to the kids crafts, parade, and opening invasion.

See ye there anyone??

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Oh Lil....I wish I could sit and, have an ale with ye....and, look over me old photo album!

Aye....Patrick......and, others.......

Wes Holden (Willy Whitnot) Larry ...can't remember...(Nathan of Heath)

Jonathan Crocker........

Roy Cox (jouster) who I would love to stumble across once again to chat about old times.....

Oh...and, Dale Lakes......Leslie Noble...Pat Buckley....and, my most favorite of all......Ellen Dygert (Winifred Wheeler) !!

Oh..oh...and, the most handsome of all Sheriff's ever....Brian Belge!!

Mary and Marty STILL have the Star Throw booth!

Know you Winifred has a 'head stone' in the 'cemetery' there......

I admit to a prick of a tear when I first saw it........

The Wheeler Inn is long gone.......sadly......and, Faire be different these days.......long gone are the bawdy wench auctions and, free kiss tickets of yore......(sigh).....

But, over all....as Gary is still there... the acting, history, character development and, shows remain superb! He really is a master!

I guess it's just that you can't get away with as much as in the old days......

Or, maybe I'm older than I was in the old days.........

;)

Well then...I suppose this should have been a PM as we've bandied about all these names.......but, mayhap one will catch the alert on the winds and, pop in!

Aye then........thanks for the memories.......

;)

Fair winds to ye.....and, if ye e'er return with a new tide.....ye have a place to stay at Foxmorton's cottage!

~F.

I shall be attending! I am but a child but no matter to me! I have been going now for 7-8 years! A new adventure every day if O may say so myself.

I shall have a brown tri-corn, a brown leather patch with a Richard Worley on it. So keep an Eye or two out for me (depending if thar be an eyepatch on yer head or not!) ;);)

Oh...and, Dale Lakes......Leslie Noble...Pat Buckley....and, my most favorite of all......Ellen Dygert (Winifred Wheeler) !! Oh..oh...and, the most handsome of all Sheriff's ever....Brian Belge!!

I admit to a prick of a tear when I first saw it........

Damn it all Mimi! All of them...I've played with 'em all! God Bless them. Dale was kind on the eyes...he made me very nervous with that letcherous smile of his. I saw him out in OH one year doing a Ren Faire there...he was shocked to see me and me twin.

Damn (again). I wish I knew how to down load photos onto this contraption. I've had no luck with my avatar either. Anyone out there who can help a computer challenged chick such as meself?

Yes, I hear that Doug and Mike (Don Juan and Migaule sp?) have purchased some property up there and making something of a retirement egg for themselves. I hear they have just finished their maze. I do know that they've done this at other Faires too!

By the way, Mimi...do you remember a clothing booth called "The Celtic Woman?" It was across the way from Mary and Marty - star throw.

Oh..and sadly...we lost Bosh (our good Queen Bess about three or four years ago- She took Marilyn's position when her and her hubby decided to 'work for the Rat' down in FL.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Well...bugger that!

;)

Aye Lil....a grande time we two 'old ladies' could be havin' with a sit down and, an ale!

Aye...Dale then.....verra....kind on the eyes.......an' else where as well.......... ;)

Aye...I were here for the passing o' Baj......a sad thing indeed........

I have a picture her last Faire with me 90 year old Mum.........

Mum kept telling her that she was French! ;)

Bugger this computer. I haven't the luck with it nor, the patience.

But, iffen ye clicks onto

www.artontheporches.com

ye can see a photo of me an' me scurvy pirate class.

(click on entertainment)

I'm the mob capped wench in the lower stage right corner of the top photo or the front row middle pirate (brown hat) in the lower in CHAOS PRODUCTIONS in entertainment.

Celtic Woman rings a bell......I'm sure we'd recognize each others faces..... :)

And, I'm still smelling of Hill Woman....(aren't we all????)

Great huge cuddly bear Michael and, Marilyn....how ARE they???

Jim Green (with Scarlet Rat productions)......still here!

Doing Dicken's Festival off season

Ah......a small small world is a pirate's.............

;)

I am going to try this year to attend.

Hopefully on the Tall ship out of Kingston, the StLawrenceII.

Aye, t'would be nice if'n they let us step aboard again this year (as they did last year). Me lad liked lookin around. Might see ye thar on the 12th if'n ye are aboard.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I will be making it up, but not till Pirate Weekend July 22/23.

BTW, MDRF's Pyrates Royale will be playing there that weekend, and there will be a bunch of MD people will be up there as well.

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

As it looks now... m'lady and I will be up to Sterling on the 22nd/23rd for the pirate weekend.

We'll probably be camping at the state campgrounds unless the weather turns ugly.

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant