Opinions Wanted

An HOUR?!?

It takes longer than that for me to shave! <_<

BTW - you've got something in yer PM box - let me know if you need a different format - it's in ODT (Open Office Document format) - I can send HTML or .DOC if need be.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

:lol::lol::lol: Your hired! Be that really you?

ues - that's really him and i should know! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Yes I did read them both but admittedly I only read the second after you asked about it (fantasy isn't a big genre for me) The second one is as PyratePhil noted more detailed and seems more like a 3rd or 4th draft however with my own biasis applied I like the first better. One thought it doesn't seem you have trouble with but I run into is making sure the story goes where you want it too. I've junked several of my short stories cause even though I love the concept I can't make it work in that form. Just a thought to bear in mind when you do more work on them

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

:huh::PB) Thanks. im enjoying all the feedback and yes I had trouble with that too at first. Trying to make my stories go where I wanted them to. For me it helps to actually sit, become that character and think about my options and write from that point of view. What im seeing, feeling, doing. That tends to have cut back on a lot of the story not going where I want it to. But then I end up changing it not satisfied with the decisions I make.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I see your point PyratePhil and belive me the stories themselves do lead me it's when I either a get to haveing too much fun with it and or get to making it to large for a short story that I run into trouble. Let me give you 2 examples of what I mean.

1 I never did have a title for this but it's basically my take on the alt. history of WWII genre. Essentially D-Day fails and all the weird wonderful stuff they scrapped because the war went better than planned comes into play. (Yes I know it's most likely been done but these are for me not really publication so......) Problem arose when I tried to throw in to much fun stuff and since that's basically the whole point trying to collapse it turned out to be a bummer and the story is shelcved at the moment.

2 The End of Space, No this isn't my take on crappy 50's sci fi but it's a result of a couple concepts that seem made for one another. Concept one is that due to the extreme amount of space debris the Earth could in the future become surrounded by trash equivalent of chain mail armor.

Concept two ballistic missle defence system. The idea was this concept was the last gasp of a scientist long involved with Govt. work and was a last line of defence agianst nuclear winter. Problem too many charcters to make the story work. agian stry shelved

I like following the story but at times it leads me astray B)

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET