Any advice welcome regarding a pirate song or skit

hi! im a newbie on this forum, but i absolutley adore pirates! as soon as i found this site i was immediately praising the pirate gods for guiding me to his most wonderful community!

To get to the point, other than the great point i made about how great a forum this is, im looking for any advice i can get about putting on a pirate skit or writing a humourous, originl song about pirates! the reason i am doing this is because my school is holding a fun day and a competition where students can perform something in front of the rest of the school and they vote for the best act...myself and two of my male friends love pirates so much, that we want to share that love with the rest of our school, and perhaps even win first prize...for me its just an excuse to dress up as a pirate wench in my last year of high school! hahaha! its been my life-long dream! :)

anyways, i was hoping that my fellow pirate-lovers would have some advice to give me about a funny skit or an idea for a song, or some other pirate thing to perform...it should be about 5 minutes long at the most, and there is only three of us in total who will be performing the said pirate act...1 female (me!), and 2 males... :o

And if any of you have been in any pirate type productions, i would love to hear about it! any advice will be greatly appreciated!

okies, well thankyou all for reading this, and feel free to leave any comments!!! :o

ARRRRGGHHH!!!

LUV ALWAYS AND FOREVER,

Spork Girl, also known as Princess Eskimo, and Sexy Taz!

:o

There is this classic bit that a LOT of pirate comedy troupes are doing variations of these days... where you take a few volunteers and "teach" them how to be pirates. Dress them in silly pirate props (Long John Silver paper hats, floppy noodle swords, gaudy hooks etc.) and have them do silly things that mimick pirate activities. Five minutes isn't much time for a skit... but I've seen it incorporated into songs as well.

Have fun!

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Where's PPhil when you need him...

OH! That's right, Phil is here!

Phil is quite the wit and spinner of songs... maybe he can give you a few pointers...

Awww, shuckies! :ph34r:

Well, m'lady Spork (which, for appearances sake, we will assume has something to do with an odd coupling of a spoon and a fork, rather than Spam and cork)...

Actually, um...Sir Eric stole my thunder! :ph34r: That's a great idea, and as he said, 5 minutes goes by in a flash onstage...unless you experience the dreaded flop sweat, in which case 5 minutes is Eternity times Eternity...squared...

If you do a search here on the board, maybe "Pyrate Pop" and "Sea Shanties", I'm sure you'll come up with some wonderful material that can be fitted into that precious 5 minutes.

Good luck, and remember -

"For custom rhymes and parodies,

PPhil's the best on the Seven Seas!"

:ph34r:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

5 minutes? That's at best two short songs (with no introductions), one full song with introduction and a bit of banter, or three (maybe four) jokes with pauses for laughter. 5 or 6 if you go all nervous and rapid-fire.

Phil's right, and I've been there, too. 5 minutes is a blink of an eye on stage when you're killing, and an eternity when you're dying.

May you always kill. :) :huh:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

5 mimutes.......

How about some Pyrate "banter" introduce the Rum (depending on age, this may take some thought....)..... then go into a sing-along "drunken Sailor"

Or.....

Some pyrate "banter" then with the words on a large board so everyone can see the words (or pass out a printed copys of the words....) have a Pyrate sing-along.......

Drunken Sailor is cool, because most people know the words...... but "the Derilict" (15 men on a dead man's chest) might work also........

Quick, fast, silly, and LOUD..............and if anything goes wrong......heck.... the sing-along gives you an easy "out".........

Thanks so much for everyones advice! it was a lot of help!

i've decided that we'll start off with a short skit where a number of male pirates are having some sort of pirate meeting consisting of a lot of "YARRR'S", "ARRRR'S" and "NARRR'S", until a female enters dressed in full pirate gear requesting to join their pirate gang. The male pirate's break into song and dance, singing "The Worst Pirate in the World", a pirate song about how females shouldnt be pirates, etc. Its quite a humorous song, and with the bad dancing and pirate clothing, it should be very entertaining. As the pirates are really getting into the song, the captain (who has been sleeping on the floor in the background) wakes up, turns off the music without them noticing, and they continue to dance until he yells at them to get back to work!

ok, thats all i have at the moment, but i feel like something is missing!

It would be nice to hear if anyone can think of what it could be, or what else i could add to it... ;) Creative Critisism is good! ;) But please keep in mind that the people who will be watching this performance are Australian yr 8-12 students in a Catholic high school! hahahaha!

okies, thankyou very, very muchly!!

oh and by the way, yes- Spork Girl is in refernce to Spoon Forks....Why eat with a Spoon AND Fork, when you can eat with a SPORK! its quite a long story as to why im so obsessed with sporks, but its basically because i cant believe that there is such a thing with such a cool name! And to be quite honest..im such a loser that i think things like sporks are cool! ;)

Well, must be off! i have some costume preparations to do!

;)

signing off,

luv,

Spork Girl!

The skit sounds good.... but you need a good "blow off" (that be clown, for the "punch line"...or ending)

With the info we now have.... (age group... where...etc....) I sure we can help you come up with something.... (well for the ending... you have ther first part figured out.....)

Hey... sporks be cool...... a spoon and a fork.... what an idea... heck'a lot better than sliced bread.......

I think you should have the male pirates drinking and trying to count the treasure. Then when the female pirate comes in, they start singing and dancing while she quietly gathers up all the treasure and then when the captain gets up from his drunken stupor and yells, "get back to work you scalywags", the female pirate quickly walks away with all the treasure. The male pirates, remembering the treasure, realise it's gone and say "that's the best pirate I've ever seen."

Just me two dubloons worth,

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Thats really clever! did you think of that yourself!? wow! i am in total awe! i'll have to put something of the sort into it! thanks! :P

What would make it even more funnier is if one of the pirate wench's was a guy dressed up as a woman! hahaha! im really liking hearing everyone's advice..its great to be able to hear other people's ideas and then working with it to make it into something brilliant! you lot rock!

:P

I've finally got my costume sorted! it looks pretty good if i say so myself! :P It basically consists of fishnet stockings (oh how i love them!), a black lace top that has slashes in it, a brown torn short skirt, a black do- rag, huge round earrings, and boots with buckles! i've also got all the essentials of the pirate hook,the eyepatch, the pirate sword...all i need now is a parrot! its so hard to find just a stuffed toy parrot! i would get a real one if i could but the people i live with are allergic or something of the sort... :P

hmmm...maybe i could MAKE a parrot...somehow...

okies, well must be off!

thanks again for everyone's help!! :P

:P

luv always,

SPORK GIRL!

In the old "Pirates of the Caribbean " book that you use to be able to get at Disneyland..... there is a picture of some Pyrates splitting up the "loot" but there are two female pyrates that they are giving a larger share to.... maybe you can work something like that in..... (it still needs a good Punch-line tho.....)