Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ German yes, Swedish no

< I am very good at 17th century spelling... without even trying...sigh... :lol:

V Ready for this year's first event?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ No. Not near one.

^^ Fairly good German, Gaelic is challenging, but not impossible.

Non-ancestral languages I've learned: Spanish, Italian, French,

Most fluent in Spanish. Russian is the most challenging, aside from

Japanese by far. I enjoy the challenge tho;)

< Still angry and annoyed after work. (unwelcome attention from clueless idiots..again!) :lol:

V Passing the question on: are you ready for this year's first event?

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

^ :blink::huh: I've just hit the ground running since committing to Port Washington - sewing coat, breeches, and maybe a weskit, in a month - and the fabric isn't due to arrive for another two, three days. ACK!!!

< Very excited about meeting more people from the Pub.

V Pass the question on...again.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ The Queen Bess and the Pyrates Faire is this weekend - I'm as ready as I'll ever be for it.

< I'm in events pretty much all year, so for me there is no "first year's event".

V What event haven't you gone to but really want to?

RHJMap.jpg

^ Tons in England, over here, PiP, but working on that one

< settling down to last minute panic stitching for the crew

V What are you always doing the last minute right before an event other than packing?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ washing stuff. How the little swabs petticoats gets dirty while sitting in a box I will never know.

< making a common mans kit in a month. At least my friend doesn't care if it's machine or hand sewn.

V Take short cuts to get something done on time or do it right regardless of how long it takes.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ depends on who its for... and how much they will be put directly in contact with the public. Captain's kit is entirely hand sewn, inside and out... yes I've finally gone over the edge....

< Dang girl you have tons of time.... snigger

V What phase of clothing construction do you like the least?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ finishing! sorry couldn't resist.... actually the stitching.

< black on black buttonsholes.... yikes I'll really be blind after 150 of them...

V Favorite type of period fighting?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Hmm...the drunken lover and the embittered mistress come to mind for favorite fighting... :lol: Okay...really, it has to be dirk and pistol.

< Look'n to pick a fight B)

V Learn how to pratt fall or eat fire?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ hold fire in bare hand but not eat it

< who said anything about lover being drunk? and no pistols

V pass along question, too tired to think of one myself

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Learn to fall correctly! There are days I am still hurting from that O.K. Corral skit back in 2001 - Thanks Rachel! :lol:

< Come now, like you're going to turn down a whole bottle of Port?! B)

V What color looks the best on you/or gets you the most compliments?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^Nope. Got kicked off Ft Carroll Island by US Park police.

<Hope Island in Narragansett bay is a fun place to roam...abandoned WWII military bunkers.

V Daily work commute....by foot, car, train,or boat?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ The older I get, the less attention I pay to other's opinions. Ideas, suggestions, yes - opinions, no.

< I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine. I like the end results, but hate actually sitting down at the machine and sewing. Also just discovered that my manual buttonholer doesn't work any more. Guess I'll be taking my coat to an alterations place and have them do the button holes. :P

V This has been asked before, but I'll ask it again - stickler for "period correct" in everything, or willing to fudge here and there, even for fun?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Fudge! I love fudge, wit' walnuts... Oh! Not wot ye meant... nevermind!

< Those who are reenactors (an ye know who ye arr) should dress period correct. Aye, fer the rest o' us rogues we should try t' avoid plastic garb, lest our reenactor brethren completely disown us.

V Pass on the question.

^ I would guess it depends on what you'll be doing. If you are going for authentic, then spare nothing. I would keep minimal rather than fudge in orde to be correct.

However if it were a less serious event, or a ren faire or something..well then I suppose you could.

< Aiming for quality and correctness. However will likely visit a few events where I can enjopy some creative license just for fun, be it a fancier scarf or whatever. But never ever cheesy. :rolleyes:

V Conservative or take a chance?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^^Conservative -- moi? Spent the other night drinking tequila with a biker gang and dancing on tables!

^ Picnics -- oh, yes! Thanks for the reminder. I think the weather might be nice enough to try having one on the riverbank this weekend.

< Pre-hydrating for my singing recital tomorrow. Hey -- see, there was a use for the Gatorade in my fridge other than as a hangover cure.

V Have you ever danced on a table (with or without bikers & tequila)?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg