^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Let's see... Vactor operator, civil servant, marine pathologist, tech trainer, operations/IT manager (twice), applications developer/sys admin, college professor, financial advisor/advisor coach, software trainer/course developer - that makes ten. I liked teaching the best.

< That doesn't include the odd jobs I did while in school or the couple of small businesses I had.

V Pass the question on.

RHJMap.jpg

^Going way back? Paper girl (been chased by my share of dogs), restaurant worker (mall - ahh the teen years), inventorty taker, ,music store salesperson, marketing and sales music industry, web and graphics design..now I talk to airplanes...might give up ships of the sky to look for adventure on ships of the sea.. :(

< Why am I up at this hour? Oh yeh..insomniac lifestyle... B)

V Have you ever been someplace new..and felt you'd been there before even though you knew you hadn't?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ I've had episodes of going to places, feeling deja vu, and realizing I had dreamed about the location without ever having been there, my entire life.

> It makes me feel sometimes as though everything is planned out ahead of time, and I'm following a predetermined path that I can occasionally get glimpses of, but can never wholly see.

v Favorite weather.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

^ A warm fall afternoon, just around sun set with the sweet smell of cider in my mug as I sit on my porch and take it all in!

> Gee Chapman, my father experienced one of those deja vu feelings back in the late 1950s. He was on his way to CA to do a Air Force Promo, when he and several other enlisted men got lost in a town in OH. As they pulled into town looking for a place to stop and spend the night, it was my father who said, "Go up and take a left by the church. I think there is a Inn there." Sure enough there way. The date on the Inn was 1843! When asked by his buddies how he knew this. He shrugged his shoulders. Creepy.

v Favorite thing to wear?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ My Gap jeans, T-shirt, boots or heels.

< I live in jeans and T-shirts/sweatshirts, so every now and again, it's nice to get really dressed up and go out somewhere. Doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's fun.

< As far as weird relatives, I'm directly related to Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr, and distantly to Henry the VIII through his last wife, Catherine Par. Nice little rogue's gallery, wouldn't you say?

V Like to put on the dog, or don't want to bother?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^"Put on the dog"? -- Yikes, that's a bit of Yanqi-slang I haven't heard before. Sounds decidedly kinky!

< But I do spend a lot of time "screwing the pooch" :(

V Favourite slang expression? (With translation for those of other dialects.)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ all dessert is good dessert!

< haven't eaten yet today. Guess I should get on that huh.

V ever fasted?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ Ya, didn't care much for it. I like food too much

False Ransom posted:

< As far as weird relatives, I'm directly related to Benedict Arnold......

Hello Cousin! :D Looks like we are distant kin!

V How many people do you know on the board?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Quite a few..personally a handful..

< Hoping to change that by the end of the year

V How many events a year do you attend - how far will you travel?

^ Two.. landed in Kansas amidst miles and miles of wheat which felt quite remote... another is the rim of the Grand Canyon in the pitch dark and fog late late at night

< Hope to go to many more remote locations abroad.

V Your most prized memento

^ I'm never away from home long enough to miss it much.

< Plus when I am gone the little swab is usually with me, so what is there to "miss" at home anyway?

V have something that is with you where ever you go?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ when I'm drunk? hmmm usually don't remember...

< numb... think I'm beginning to like feeling this way... also kind of like being called vicious and confrontational.... very piratey... daughter just won award at her violin concert...

V like people?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ yes, better at public speaking than at having a personal conversation (except while in "teacher" mode)

^^ Yes, love people, they are very tasty with ketsup. :(

< Not really. There are few people that I genuinely get along with, the rest I tolerate so long as they don't do anything on the long list of "things that annoy the heck out of me" (copies of said list available for those that want to stay on my good side :D )

V Good side, bad side, which do people see the most?

^ lately seems to be my bad side... hmmmm... as to public speaking have to be

< how do I get a copy of this list Chole? I am quite certain I will be in desparate need of it...

V favorite way of communicating?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ written. That way I can review what I've said before others see it. Takes care of *most* of the "foot to mouth* statements.

< if I posted everything I thought I'd have a post count like Red Cat, and probably zero friends in the bargain.

V pass the Q along

< if I posted everything I thought I'd have a post count like Red Cat, and probably zero friends in the bargain.

V pass the Q along (favorite way of communicating)

^ Long rambling conversations over drinks and ideally a campfire, bonfire, barbeque...which cover everything from worlds politics to footy pajamas

< Awwww Chole! yer sweet...an yer on me "good " list..

V Ever discover you had two different color shoes on or yer shirt inside out...at the end of the day?