Preakness Stakes

Hmm..This year I have not been keeping up..Not sure who to bet on..Let me see if I can find out who's running....:)

Contenders and Odds

Diabolical, Brother Derek and Barbaro. Those are my picks in that order.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Damn it. I've always made the joke that the surest way for me to stop a horse in it's tracks is to bet on him. And that's what happened to poor Barbaro today.

From his bevaiour, he either pulled his right jack cord, or partial tore it. I just pray it's not as serious as I fear. Lots of banamine, and a fair amount of ace to ease his confusion.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Fractures above and below the right hind ankle? Holy sh*t. Hopefully, he didn't wreck the blood supply to that foot. Horse's feet are a major portion of their circulatory system. Damn it. This really sucks. I'm never making that betting joke again.

Bernardini

Sweetnorthernsaint

Hemingway's Key

Brother Derek

Greeley's Legacy

Platinum Couple

Like Now

Barbaro DNF

Bernardini became the first Preakness winner to have not run in the Derby since Red Bullet in 2000.

Please, pray for Barbaro.

The attending vet says that it will be "pretty major surgery" to fix Barbaro's leg. From the replays, it's a twisting, or spiral, type fracture. Keep a good thought for this fine colt.