Pirate fun weekend in Kent, England next weekend

McBarnacle

Hi all,

Just to let you know that there's a pirate fun weekend being held at Fort Amherst in Chatham, Kent, England next weekend on Staurday 27th, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th May.

The event is mainly aimed at those in the age groups that would be employed as midshipmen and powder monkeys but all are welcome if you're in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Well great fun was had by all at the event this weekend, despite the weather on the Monday - we got to discover that our awning really was like a sail with the way it caught the wind! - though the kids were a bloodthirsty lot. They didn't need any prompting on our part to demand that we execute the thief at the end of the pirate chase that was held throughout the event!! :lol:

We've got around 100 pics from the event that will be added regularly to our website over the next few days. I've even begun adding some to this site's gallery.

Website URL for the pics can be found in my signature.

Some very nice pictures, Mate.  Beautiful location for a festival.

The best thing is, I haven't put up all the images of Fort Amherst that I have.

It's a Napoleonic fort that covers over 30 acres and has quite a sizeable portion of that - around 8 acres I believe - available for re-enactment. The rest of it, which is unrestored, they're hoping to have fully restored one day. It's also just across a road to the River Medway and is just down the road from Chatham Dockyard which was one of the major Royal Navy dockyards for several hundred years until it's closure around 25 years ago.

We're hoping to do a full-blooded re-enactment event there next year. If so, then I'll post up details here.

Some very nice pictures, Mate.  Beautiful location for a festival.

The best thing is, I haven't put up all the images of Fort Amherst that I have.

It's a Napoleonic fort that covers over 30 acres and has quite a sizeable portion of that - around 8 acres I believe - available for re-enactment. The rest of it, which is unrestored, they're hoping to have fully restored one day. It's also just across a road to the River Medway and is just down the road from Chatham Dockyard which was one of the major Royal Navy dockyards for several hundred years until it's closure around 25 years ago.

We're hoping to do a full-blooded re-enactment event there next year. If so, then I'll post up details here.

....must...go...to...England.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg