Walk the Plank Festival

Gypsy Rose

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I want to apologize for not keeping everyone more up-to-date on this event. It's hard to believe, but I'm actually over-stretched on pirate projects these days, what between the Festival, the radio program, and several other incidentals. Oh yeah, and then there's the website...

Anyways, I would first like to clarify that I am not in charge of the Port Pirate Festival (I've occasionally been contacted by folks who believed this to be the case.) I'm merely one several folks serving on the planning committee. I *am*, however, in charge of the opening night's buccaneer's bash. You can find details at:

http://www.portpiratefestival.com/pdf/buc_bash.pdf

The Bash, like much of this festival, is more about pirate-themed fun than actual pirate history, so reenactors be warned :rolleyes: We're doing our best to insert as much pirate flair as possible, without scaring off the tourists - these people are our bread&butter, and just maybe we can whet their appetites for more!

For details on the festival as a whole, check out the official website at:

http://www.portpiratefestival.com/

Hope to see some of you there! Yarrr!!!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Bilgemunkey, I look forward to clanking tankards with ye again.

...Hmmm, "Clanking Tankards" isn't some sort of euphemism for an inappropriate sexual activity, is it?

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I have four flair. Is that enough?

I used to have a really good flayer, but the edges got all flayed.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I have four flair. Is that enough?

Now Pete, all I'm saying is, 4 flair is the minimum. So yes, it's enough - IF you're someone who's satisfied with the minimum. We just want you to express yourself </office space>

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I just checked the vendor list, and I see that Flora's Flashlight, Flair and Falafel Farm will be there. I will bring with me extra florin (it appears to be the only currency they accept) so I can supplement my flimsy folio of flair.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the Pirate Festival is, as they say, in the can. Been there, done that.

And I purchased some extra flair, just to be sure I would have enough. Plenty of pictures have been posted in the other thread on this festival here in the "Raids" area. I believe my flair is sticking out in some of them.

Oh -- speaking of Exposing One's Flair, can anyone tell me what the hell is going on with my waistcoat/pants/crotch in this photo?

PortW56.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Pete, stop trying to smuggle the parrot onto the ship in your pants.

I know you like it, but its scaring the crap out of the parrot.

Good looking crew tho.. can we keep them?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

The redhead (Naomi) was, to the best of my knowledge, our crew's only house call. I carried a botlte of ink, a quill, and a copy of the Articles over to the Windy II & signed her up. She had asked me to do this during the cruise I went on, because they had absolutely no free time.

I found these to be the most wonderfully nice people (not to mention hardworking). I was offered free passage again on the Windy II if I can ever get myself "down to Chicago" while some of them are manning the crew. Then I explained that I WORK in downtown Chicago and watchthe Windy II almost every day from my office window.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I found these to be the most wonderfully nice people (not to mention hardworking). I was offered free passage again on the Windy II if I can ever get myself "down to Chicago" while some of them are manning the crew. Then I explained that I WORK in downtown Chicago and watchthe Windy II almost every day from my office window.

Pete, I'm not sure if I really really hate you for being so close to a sailing ship, or just plain green with envy.

either way, I am going to inspect your plunder tally. You can afford a new coat, a trip on the WindyII AND a new hook???

me thinks you have an outside income, besides that as Quarter master.

;)

Pete, you are a grand procurement and recruitment officer. You even got the great pirate, Peaches La Flambe to join our crew!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Peaches and Toby at the faire.

PeachesCapJack.jpg

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

;)

Ah, yes... Jack Sparrow... You made an impression upon him, Pete.

So, Pete.. ya devil! Ya get to see the bloody Tall Ships every bloody damn day when they be in Chicago August 3 -9!!! :::Whimpers:::

Do take images of them sailing in if you can, old boy!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I logged in to the Pub on my lunch break...

I can see the Windy II from my office window right now!

Thanks for the Tall Ships dates. The weekend of the 5th is a Civil War reenactment, but more importantly it is also a family reunion in Kentucky. Decisions, decisions...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I can see the Windy II from my office window right now!

OK, Peaches, ye are pushin our buttons, so now I must demand that you bring a camera to the office and take a picture of the Windy II from your window. As this will give you even more reason to gloat, I don't suppose you'll have a problem with the assignment.

I will act in kind by posting a photo of the ass-end of a dumpster that I could see, if my workspace had a window, which is doesn't!

:(

:(:(:(

If you so demand, then take and post such a photo I will. Of course, Navy Pier is about a mile away, and I do not have a telephoto lens. If you were standing in my office, you would likely say "Oh wow, nice view." But when I take and post this picture, you are likely going to say "Er, what am I looking at? What are you trying to show me?"

Of course, I have your cell phone number, I could send also you a snapshot from my cell phone... but on the 1.5" x 1.5" screen, you would be even more perplexed.

You might want me to wait until I can get over to the Pier and take some more close-up shots of the Windy II.

So, if you do not have a window, why don't you reciprocate by sending me a shot of the wall behind which sits the ass-end of said dumpster? It's still got to be more photogenic than my tent!

LadyB, during the Tall Ships Fest, I will endeavor to get down to the lake & get some shots to share with you if you are not going to make it to Chicago. Or I'll try to purchase a telephoto lens and get some pix from my office window. I think I can see a dumpster from up here, too.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Oh, I promise to be at the Tall Ships fest in Chicago, Pete. Make no mistake about that! It's when is the question at current. And the other question... is do I make arrangements with good Captain of the Royaliste to do a "photo session" aboard the Royaliste?

Hell... it IS the Royaliste after all! How can I pass up this opportunity?! Been eager to see her and her fine Captain since I joined the Pub.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!