DIVINE BACON

Your relationship with Bacon is best described by the follwing sentence...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Your relationship with Bacon is best described by the follwing sentence...

• I do not eat Bacon and I have my reasons.
    • I do not eat Bacon. Bacon killed my Father.
    • I prefer sausage and I won't admit that sausage is ground up Bacon.
    • I'm on the fence about Bacon.
    • I eat Bacon. I like the taste of it by itself or on other food.
    • I was once visited in a dream by a pantheon of Bacon gods.
    • I horde so much Bacon that government agencies have me on a list.
    • When I die, the coroner will list Bacon as the cause of death.
    • I am become Bacon, destroyer of worlds.

I was watching "Iron Chef" a few years ago and they had the 30-yr-old rock lobster contest, and one of the Iron Chefs took this lobster tail, a tail so massive the meat alone, stripped of body and carapace, laid bare and naked, the meat alone was the size of a football. And I thought, How could they improve that? And then the Iron Chef butterflied the tail, slathered herbed cream cheese inside, stuffed it with bacon, and wrapped it in more bacon. Then a net of pork fat was wrapped around that bacon, and he deep-fried the whole thing to turn it into an impromptu bacon-lobster sausage.

Verily, I beheld then a God of Cookery.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Wait! What happened to your sig, Cap'n Bo?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...

i can eat bacon by the pound and have the witnesses to prove it! B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

AAAAAWh..... bacon wraped shrimp....... <sigh>

Sent the recipie for the bacon Pie ter me boss...... hoping she will make one fer me....... but after the "goose greese drinking episode" she might go for it...........

Not bacon..... but salt pork, kept the Confederate Army fighting for four years against a larger army.......Tells you something about the power of Pork........

Sent the recipie for the bacon Pie ter me boss......

And this is what she sent back.....

but its a quishe Real Pirates don,t eat quishe

But she says that she will make one fer me...... I got a nice boss :lol:

I think she sent the "quishe bit" because I keep sending her Bananna Phone..... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone.php

I like it crunchy with cheese in my scambled eggs. Who's cookin? :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I like the occasional slices of bacon with a weekend breakfast. I also like sausage too. Protein of that sort keeps my energy up, or revitalizes me pretty quickly (I'm hypoglycemic).

I can understand everyone's reasons for not eating the "fruit of the pig" though. Each is valid to each person who holds such beliefs or thoughts.

I encountered this in similar fashion to fish and seafood after moving to Florida. It surprised me at first, but after asking why, I understood why each person chose not to eat certain things.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Baconfest 14 is coming up.

I cannot believe any of us have survived the previous 13.

i'm sorry i missed the first 13 and won't make the 14th either! when will 15 be? and where?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

*Hides the Bacon for Will and runs out the door*

Much prefer Sausage...Shhh! I do not wish to know what is in it..I just want to know that I like it...Im one of those that once I learn what it is I probably would not eat it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Baconfest 14 is coming up. 

I cannot believe any of us have survived the previous 13.

i'm sorry i missed the first 13 and won't make the 14th either! when will 15 be? and where?

Baconfest 14 will be in October as will Baconfest 15 the following year. It is held in my tavern out back.

Logan, Utah for those of you who wish to travel.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

i do intend to get to utah one of these days when finances afford it! i want to go everywhere!

IWG #3057 - Local 9

i do intend to get to utah

I was about to post something snide..... but then remembered that I have been to Utah... Salt Lake City infact...... nice wide streets, and a great plaintarim......

OK so no snide comments .............................. B)

What could be more sublime than a BLT for lunch? Especially when the L and T came from your own garden?

Whe have a place here called Hog Wild, that serves great BBQ and pulled pork. Their sample platter is killer! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

i do intend to get to utah

I was about to post something snide..... but then remembered that I have been to Utah... Salt Lake City infact...... nice wide streets, and a great plaintarim......

OK so no snide comments .............................. :lol:

good thing - would hate to have to send the spirit of joseph smith after you :lol:

IWG #3057 - Local 9

I love bacon! It's so deliciously salty and flavorful. I could eat it every day!

...Actually, I do eat it almost every day. I'm also hypoglycemic, so it makes quite a good breakfast food. Why, this morning I had a bacon salad for breakfast!

Ah, bacon! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Fatty parts! Meaty parts! It's all delicious!