Volvo Ocean Race In Annapolis

blackjohn

If anyone is interested, tomorrow in Annapolis, I believe starting around 10, I'll be with a group of pirates who will be kidnapping the mayor (with her consent, of course). :lol:

Someone is going into the harbor, though I don't know who. Rumors are she may be going into the harbor. There will be swordplay, and if I have my way, gunfire.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

BlackJohn! Do tell us how that went? Any more images? Would LOVE t' see them. Even if they are on the Pub Gallery. An' do tell us how that went! Eager an' curious t' hear! :)

Oh, an lucky ye for bein' there in Annapolis. Would LOVE t' go there m'self... for the specific reason of taking a picture of a statue of a particuler Gent who graciously gave his life for our freedoms... th' Baron de Kalb.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thanks for the compliments in the post yer pic thread. And yes, Annapolis is a neat little town. If you ever visit, hit the John Paul Jones tomb too.

I'm going to cheat and cutnpaste my comments from the pirate brethren forum.

The weather was beautiful. The event was short and sweet. Jim and I arrived at exactly the same time, got garbed up, and headed over to the Shiplap building (built 1715) for a quick photo shoot. I should've taken more, but here's one pic of me until I get a chance to fiddle with photoshop some.

http://www.piratebrethren.com/annapolis200...nnapolis_01.jpg

After the pre-event photo shoot, Jim and I strolled around town waiting for things to happen. Oh! Probably the coolest thing that happened was the Masai warrior from Kenya!!! Yeah, he was there visiting a friend, so he hopped in a photo with us. Pirates and a Masai warrior... cool combo! The guy who took the pic has my email. I hope he sends me a copy.

Anyway... so Jim and I strolled around the harbor, getting stopped every five feet by people wanting to have their pics taken with pirates.

Then more folks showed from the other group, and we did some walk-throughs of the skit. Basically, we kidnap the mayor, try to "ransom" her, then the Jack Sparrow look alike comes along and saves the day. He sword fights he way through some folks, then got to me. I levelled my blunderbuss at him, click! Misfire. He runs me through. Then gets into some fisticuffs and more swordplay with the last remaining pirates, then saves her mayorship.

Event over. Then it was free food time!!! One of the lady's was kind enough to treat us to lunch at a nearby tavern. And Jim was kind enough to treat me to two Guinesses! Wooo! Oh, and I had the interesting experience of eating lunch and drinking beer with a blunderbuss on my lap under the table. I felt so Han Solo!

All in all, a very fun little event of the dog and pony show variety.

There were some other folks from the forum who were there - Crimson Corsair for one. Maybe they have more insight or different views???

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

My only dissapointment is we werent allowed to throw the mayor in the harbor, sigh. I had plans to get knocked in myself but I had too much gear on. I wouldve had to strip down to my breeches in the middle of the fight somehow. :lol:

There were a few tall ships in for the event.. "The Virginia", "The Pride Of Baltimore II" and the Volvo Race Boats

I didn't get a chance to see the whole fight scene..I was the 2nd person to get" knocked on the head" so I had to play dead and hope that none of the other people preforming fell on me...two of the other guys where kinda big and I am not. Someone videotaped it and said the whole scene was about 3 minutes.

The "Pirate hero" Jack look alike is a maritime weapons expert and also trains in maritime fighting techniques.

John is being modest. Not only did he have a blunderbuss on his lap but he also had 3 pistols in his belt.

I will be sure to post more pictures as they get sent to me.

Crimson

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kenthepirate...hk4m1EBMOWynXK0

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Blackjohn and all whom where at this, here :lol: have one on me.

That blunderbust firing shot is just awsome Blackjohn, you can see the Aww on the kids faces. Very very cool.

Wish I wasnt so bloody inland so that I could attend events like this. But not much bodies of water near me other then a couple lakes up in the mountains.

Anyways very sweet pics, you all looked very pyraty to boot.

Oh did anyone stick around for The Pyrates Royale, I bet they sounded sweet on that stage that PA system lookes killer.

~Tora of Tortuga~

:ph34r:

I must say, John and Jim really helped us out. As has been said already, it was a quick little thing but it was a bunch of fun and I hope we can do more of it as we progress.

I did speak with the sponsors and they have said next year we'll have a better boat but we have to put someone in the water. They want a splash. LOL

We'll get more pics up as well as (hopefully) video.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GreatBayPrivateers/