Bakersfield, CA Faire

Red-Handed Jill

Is anyone going? It's a pretty new faire, but lots of fun. Tales of the Seven Seas will be there!

I be heading up to Oregon for a week, but I will be with you all in spirit! Bakersfield was great last year - and promises to be even better this year! Enjoy! :D

Got back from Bakersfield last night - boy, am I exhausted. It's a well-run faire that is lenient (within reason) about firing cannons and such and Joyce Roberts is excellent to work with. On the other hand, it's in a dust bowl with no trees and the soil is like concrete. It was also hotter than predicted. And to add to the fun, there were flying, biting earwigs and biting ants (the earwigs were worse, though.)

Kent, I'm so sorry we weren't able to join you at that prom; we were set to do so but got so tired that we just ate and went to the hotel to sleep. The heat, lack of trees and hard surface was bad enough, but Jack and I did three musical performances a day of 45 minutes each - we were done in. We heard about the after-faire party, but just couldn't muster the strength to join it.

RHJMap.jpg

Damn cursed place that there bakersfield isn't it! flying goddamned earwigs a biting and nasty curled up attitude they had as well! Bastards of the fires of hell they be! I too love Joyce but relying on the programs in the local catholic churches to bring out the crowds isnt going to work! It was absolutely a hoot seeing yer entire cast of characters and though I was wishing to be partying I too didn't get to carsh the pirate themed prom we heard about as well. The medication I am now taking took me out before 5:00pm and though I could have gone I would have needed a wheelchair to walk on Sunday had I done so. I will say this though! for what is paid to get that site! why doesn't she get the parking lot in the mall up against the freeway instead sure no trees, gound hard as cement hell it is cement! but damn when we left yesterday to head home (which by the way only took a hundred minutes) that damn mall (on Ming st on the way to the freeway was absolutely and unbelievably over packed with people! If they set the faire there in three rows got apporval for campers to camp there and set up the privs to separate the two areas the overflow shoppers coming to the faire would be in the thousands! Hindsight huh? Sure was a huge time fer me to see all me Tales of the Seven Seas friends you have a mighty presence in me heart always thanks for all the kind wishes and comments as well! Grammercy! See you all in Ojai or San Luis.... Huzzah!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.