Fishing Nets

Hey mates I am thinking i could take up fishing net making whilst taking my breaks in the faires this year and most assuredly have enough time to make some pretty nice fishing nets but I dont have a clue on where to start, how to do it or even what I'll need to use to do so! So being as how I'm sure somebody (ifin not all a youz) might help with a class (guidline) materials ,hook (needle) everything I would and maybe others as well could use your knowledge and information to better adourn the piratical needs of our homes and yards decor! Grammercy

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

The easiest source of info to find is in Ashley's Book of Knots (Clifford W. Ashley author, Published by Doubleday ISBN 0-385-04025-3) which can be had at most libraries and nearly all large bookstores. There are some more specialty netting books available but Asleys is a great general info source. Most books will give info along the lines of this site though: Basic Net Making which enough "fishing net" sort of info to get you started (along with cast nets). Ashleys has info on cargo nets,some decorative nets, and netted hammocks in addition to the fishing stuff.

Ropework_Header.jpg