Renaissance Pleasure Faire

Rummy3

The time has finally come! Our long-awaited Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale, CA is just around the corner. Our Friends of Faire group has a few members here on the Pub, and we will be responsible for the Faire English Weather this year. Do stop by the FOF garden and you may be sprinkled with a bit of the wet weather yourself! Or, perhaps, it may be just a sprinkling of rose petals to adorn thee and welcome in the new spring season!

Remember, the Biggins will also be hosting a "guild yard" this year and everyone is welcome to participate in our period games or the "ask Pappy" hour each day. 'Looking forward to seeing everyone in the area at least once!

:lol:

Everyone is welcome to post comments or pictures of this year's faire here. It's truly great to share in the fun, even remotely. Huzzah!

Southern Faire

Sisters! Do be sure to stop by and make yourselves known! The biggins yard be at the head of the food court - and just against the lakeside. I am known as Buttercup Biggins - the name bestowed upon me years ago. We will need to take some pictures to share with all! Huzzah!

Sisters! Do be sure to stop by and make yourselves known! The biggins yard be at the head of the food court - and just against the lakeside. I am known as Buttercup Biggins - the name bestowed upon me years ago. We will need to take some pictures to share with all! Huzzah!

(chuckle)

And I be known as *Para* Biggins.

Gotta LOVE Pappy!

See you Saturday my lovely!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

WooHoo! Opening weekend at Southern was beyond compare. The weather was perfect for garb (mid 60's to low 70's) and everyone was in a festive mood! The smiles were genuine and I can't say I have ever had a better time at faire! There were so many old faces there and lots of introductions. I'm sorry that I may have missed some of my pyracy friends, but do come back again! The Biggins yard is against the lake at the top of the food court. We'll be there every day except for Easter Sunday! Huzzah ~*pictures coming soon!*

Just in case there be anyone wishing to meet up at southern this weekend? ye be more than welcome to join up with the pirates of treasure cove and the enterage of those of us off between gigs. Be there by 10:00am both saturday and Easter Sunday well hook up outside main gate at opening.

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Asukaru it was certainly a pleasure to meet thee and what a wonderful glorious day too! God served up some major fun for certs. The walking paths leading through the shire were damp in ares but the new (floor plan for lack of words) I found much better than last year. It was darn slow and many vendors complained about not making payroll even but hey I was buying things all the little faire just dont have at their disposal so the faire is On it's going strong and we are going back this Sunday if the weather is permitting! Huzzah!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

The only rain I want to see is in the mountains - I want to see snow when I make my trip up to Big Bear this weekend. However methinks the weather is a bit too warm for that now...

Sir Kent, it was pleasure meeting you too - I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to go see my friends new garb. Apparently my opinion is valued on those matters :lol:

Rummy! I keep looking for you and I keep missing ya! I'll find ya next time, I swear it :)

Hello Rummy,

How has the weather been out there so far? Can you give me a brief description as to where the Biggins Camp may be? We are reading our garb and soon will enjoy a day of Faire. One last question, is there cement paths or wood chip paths....I forget from last year.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Lady Alyx and all~ The Biggins Guild Yard is at the lake end of the food court - just beyond the first big ale stand you'll see. The faire has increased in size and the paths are grass, cement, and wood chips (to make the mud beneath more managable!) There is a burlap tan and green sign at the entrance to the Biggins yard - and I will be there teaching patrons to play Cathedral. Please be sure to stop by!

We have had very fair weather on the weekends and actually cool enough to need my cloak in the mornings!

Rummy me gal...finally I am going to get to Faire this weekend with me beau in tow. I hope to find yea and toast and ale with thee! Will look for you tomorrow Sat the 29th. Thanks for the info ....twas deciding what type of shoe to wear. B):unsure: :angry:

Lady Alyx

Rummy I am sorry I did not find yea. We were there at the food court but I did not see a Biggins yard. Plus, we were distracted by friends who wanted us to meet up with them. We do plan on attending one more weekend. I hope to find you then. Can you describe from Toad in the Hole your encampments is? Is it over at a certain time? :ph34r:

Lady Alyx

Bummer! Look towards the lake when in the food court, and you will see a large burlap sign wqith green letters BIGGINS! This weekend we will be there late Saturday only - then all of the following two weekends - you know our Handfasting / Wedding is to take place there on the 21 of May - 11:00AM - everyone is welcome! :D

Rummy, okay gotcha. We will be going to faire again this Saturday. Hope to find you then!!!! I know we are def going to the food court, I did not get a chance for me beau to try any Faire food last time :lol: , especially the bangers and shepards pie and/or fish n chips.

Lady Alyx