Name yer Poison

Tis no secret that I likes Captain Morgan Tattoo......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I like this one. Tanduay. This has been winning awards the world over and have been distilling since 1854. Check out the awards page.

Tanduay

5yrsa.jpg

And at 2.00 U.S. per fifth I prefer to drink it while I am in country.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Haven't tried them all... yet. But I have full intension to do so! :) :huh:

Thus far have had Captain Morgan, Captain Morgan's Private Stock, Captain Morgan's Tattoo, Cruzan banana flavored, Bacardi.. ::ponders:: and I think some other type of rum I can't remember.. YES, I WAS SOBBER!

Does rum in chocolate count? if so it was Morgans, Myers, and Malibu.

Course, not sure what type or brand of rum that it was in the Tortuga Rum Cake. Captn Morgan-Touche can tell ya that.. I think. ::Points at him:: he bloody well got me hooked upon it! tis an addiction! Not that I'm complainin'. :huh:

Thus far.... my fav is torn between Private Stock and Tatto. Captain Morgan be the best I've tasted thus far.

Taking donations to try other rums, though! OK.. if not donations.. then up to you gents to make sure I try EVERY rum under th' sun down at PiP '06. Right? :P

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well then M'Lady, as we are only one state apart and share the Rev-War and colonial intrests, it may be possible to help you out on the rum tastin' venture. Blondiewench and I are near Truman dam at Warsaw Mo., and that puts us within reach. Contact us for event info. Ever go down to Fort DeChartres? How about the Boone Home at Defiance?

Capt. Bo

Oh, really? ::Intregued::

Alas.. no. Haven't ventured into Missouri Territory in quite some time.

Rev War, says you? Welp... if God be willing, I'll make it to Shelbyville, IL for a re-enactment there. I'm with the NorthWest Territory Alliance. Are you as well? If not... more than welcome to join the lot of us either at Shelbyville the 2nd weekend of June... or Vincennes on Memorial Weekend. And drinks... aye, plenty of drinks that be had there as well as fun.

But, Aye... will have t' rendezvous t' have some piratical drinking taste testing. :D :)

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Not a member of that , but would be fun to see your group in action. Not much into joining anymore, like to "freelance" on me own, and just recently became involved in the Buccaneer Aliance with Monterey Jack and others, "grass rooting" if ye will. There's an event up near Kirksville Mo., advertised usually in Smoke&Fire news. Haven't been yet, but planning on it this year. The First full weekend in June is the spring event at Fort DeChartres, about an hour south of St. Louis on the Illinois side of the Mississippi. The Woodswalk in November is a big event as well, and better in my oppinion. PM me and maybe we can hook up, we always have plenty of room and too much grub. With three kids and three types of tents, extra fly's etc. we could put ye up so you could travel light. I'm the "booshway" at the Boone Home Pioneer Days at Defiance every year in Sept., it's open to all pre-1840 portrayals. Let us know, Blondiewench and I would be glad to have ya!

Capt. Bo

not being much of a rum drinker (only virtually) i love home-made mead of all varieties.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I find my greatest happiness through the bottle of a malted beverage.

Specifically:

Dogfish Head Brewing

Weeping Radish

LeftHand Brew Co.

New Amsterdam Brewing

and of course GUINNESS

:o

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

actually i really do like the ales brewed by the micro-brewery, swashbuckler's at the parf shire! and i like the mt. hopewines too

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Dang... I must be th' only one wot drinks the really cheap stuff.... Morgans is ok, and Sailor Jerry's "got me" at Ojai..... but I still usually just buy whatever is the cheapest....

Now if I was swiggin wit a lady, I might go fer some Malibu... it has a slight sweetness to it that I like better than Capt. Morgan.

Let's see, as far as rum goes, me faves are Gosling's Black Seal and Pusser's Navy Rum. As for beer I love Guiness and anything from the Stone Brewing Company, but I highly recommend their Arrogant Bastard Ale. Another that piqued my interest lately is the Capistrano Brewing Company and their Bayhawk Porter.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

I live right near Capistrano! Maybe I'll have to give that one a try, Bloody Bill Flint~ We have a new BevMo nearby and just the other day, we found an interesting bottle of Celtic Liqueur. There is a Tall Ship printed inside the back label that you can see through the front. Then when we got home, found that this was the second such bottle that had caught my eye and still haven't taken the time to give it a try! I'll let you all know how it is~