Tavern Names

MorganTyre

Here's a little tavern name 'generator' I came up with a year or so ago for laughs. I just came across it and thought you might enjoy. Just pick one word from each of the two columns. Note, I apologize in advance if the spacing doesn't work out right.

Salty Mermaid

Running Cutlass

Scurvy Dog

White Cannonball

Infamous Wench

Ugly Maiden

Raving Sea-horse

Drunken Spaniard

Blue Devil

Wandering Schooner

Loose Sea-monkey

Roving Plank

Splintered Mug

Steaming Rum

Red Iguana

Rusty Sailor

Black Buccaneer

Dented Horse

Listing Knight

Fallen Nobleman

Scarlet Whale

Broken Clam

Tarnished Crab

Dashed Dutchman

Fighting Monkey

Dead Arm

Bilge Rat

Sweaty Parrot

Crying Spot

Frozen Oar

Shrunken Ring

Brass Captain

Iron Head

Golden Corsair

Dying Mosquito

Crashing Pygmy

Victorious Cannibal

Crusty Swab

Saucy Drunkard

Lazy Mary

Savage Squid

Ropework_Header.jpg

i kinda like the saucy wench!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

we be the best kind!

IWG #3057 - Local 9

To tack on an interesting bit to the conversation, mayhap consider some of the suggested names fer taverns...and then come up with a sign that depicts the name without using words.

(As it were done in the days when all but the nobs were illiterate...)

Cheers :D

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

Welp... Haven't really thought of tavern names much. I used a tavern in a role playing story a couple years ago - Journey's End.

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

To tack on an interesting bit to the conversation, mayhap consider some of the suggested names fer taverns...and then come up with a sign that depicts the name without using words.

(As it were done in the days when all but the nobs were illiterate...)

Cheers :huh:

i can see it inmy head (almost a self-portrait?) but have to get it down on paper and then figure out how to get it on the boards.

IWG #3057 - Local 9

Black Quarter Inn

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

the sea chest, the cutlass, the flintlock, swivel gun, the mizzen mast, the keelhaul bar and grill, here's a nostalgic name hows about the best one this pubs ever had "The Tsunami Kate" and I gots more but I think the hairy ball saloon might work in certain parts a town, while its sister bar the widow whore might make its name in nevada somewhere? Ows abouts the thirsty crew? or the scurvey lot? ok im done

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

We have a place 'round 'ere just known by it's address: 39 Main.

My favorite place: Outer Banks Brewing Station and The Weeping Radish.

My own place: The White Cap

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

hmm...personally, I'd have ta say that me favorite tavern would be the White Hart (those who frequent MDRF know exactly what I'm talking about :) ), but if I had to come up with me own name...well...I think that 'Raving Devil' sounds about right. ;)

:(

The Wit and Wisdom of Capt. Jack Sparrow:

The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Will Turner: You cheated.

Jack Sparrow: [shrugs] Pirate.

hmm...personally, I'd have ta say that me favorite tavern would be the White Hart (those who frequent MDRF know exactly what I'm talking about :) ),

Aye, 'tis me own backyard. . . Nothing like a couple of MackesonsXXX, and some shanties come late summer . .But you'd be remiss as to not mention the Boar's Head Tavern, and O'Shucks Pub for some Oyster shooters . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."