Pirate figures

Rumba Rue

My pen-pal in Canada just sent these to me. Unfortunately she doesn't package things well, and some were broken. I managed to glue the broken peices back on except for one; I can't find the tinly little piece from the Scotsman, after it went flying and buried itself somewhere in my carpet.

They are plastic.

Has anyone seen these before?

Play Pirates front

PlayPirates back

I consider myself a toy and collectible expert but I haev never seen these before. I'm guessing they came to you loose and thats why you don't know the company that puts them out. In my opinion it looks like they are from either a miniatures game or they were developed for display purposes only. My guess would also be that they are not manufactured by an american company. A UK comapny most likely.

Not sure but if you find anything else out let me know I'm very curious

The UK has very strict laws against manufacturing and selling toys that can break to present small, sharp or swallowable parts. So, I think it is unlikly to be UK manufacture. However it is possible that the maker could possably get around this by selling as a "Collectable".

Anyway, I just came across this on ebay, (whilst looking for a wooden chest).

Pirate Treasure Island World Set (Base + 12 Figures)

Although the bases are a different colour, if you look closely, you can see all four of RumbaRue's figures.

The estemated value of £106.49 (about $186) looks a bit high to me though.

"Tall Paul" Adams

• 4 weeks later...

I didnt see the first set of pics as they are no longer there , however the set that was sold on ebay I have seen before they are sold at a gift shop here in south florida , I wish to say that the price for each figure is like $2-3 each but I dont know about the island

• 1 month later...

Diosa at piratesofthecoast.com sells them. She has all the figures available. Email her at diosa@piratesofthecoast.com

She doesn't carry the island, just the figures.

-- Sir Henry

"Land only holds promise if men at sea have the courage to fight for it."

- Sir Henry