Another new period movie for this fall

Jonathan Hawks

This one is Marie-Antoinette, starring Kristen Dunst. It is based on Antonia Fraser's biography (if you haven't read any of her works, you might do so. This movie is to be released in the Fall of this year. It actually looks pretty damn good. Here is the site where you can see the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...nette/high.html

Shoots anything that moves!!

Question; has anyone heard reports on the up-coming period movie, "Libertine"? Aye, it has that Depp feller in it, but what be the premise?

Cheers! B)

The Libertine is out here in the States. It is about the last years of John Wilmot (Earl of Rochester) during the Restoration, his affair with an actress whom he tutors and his relationship with King Charles II. I saw it opening day and liked it, but it's not a movie for everyone. Depp's performance was magnificent.

Regarding the Marie-Antoinette movie, all I have to say is Kirsten Dunst can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. :P

Spot.jpg

Eh, I saw a preview for the Marie Antoinette movie in theatres a while ago... I didn't have too much hope for it from the start of the trailer, as right from the start it kicks off with an alt-rockish song typical to something off a highschool teen romance flick's soundtrack. In the words of the friend that was with me after the clip ended, "So yeah, that preview definitely made me want to die."

I guess we'll just have to wait and see though. ;)

First and foremost I could never watch the upcoming Marie-Antoinette simply because it is produced by Sophia Copola and I can never forgive her for her role in destroying the third Godfather. Horrible acting *cringe*. And on top of that the trailer looks pretty wreched.

Now on to other matters, if you liked "Libertine" then you should definately check out a movie called quills if you haven't already. It's a great movie and on top of that, it has Geoffrey Rush in it.

GageSig.png