18th Century knives

Take a look at this site:

www.whirlwindtraders.com/chrisknifepage.html

This guy makes really authentic 18th cent. knives at extremely reasonable prices. I plan to order the Spanish belduque, a real beauty and good for any time between the 16th-19th centuries. It's a variant of what Peterson in Daggers and Fighting Knives of the World" called a "Mediterranean dirk." But he makes many plain utility knives as well, and most of them are good for the GAOP.

Dang... Dang... Dang....

<pounds head against desk top......>

Have you ever tried to figure out how to do something.... but you can't figure out "how" to get it to work untill you see something ?

I was trying to figure out how I was going to form a bulster for a knife I want to make... was I going to have to drill and file a chunk of metal to make one..... I knew that wasn't right.... (and way too much work...)

I looked at the above knife link.... and "Ping".....

All I have to do is cast one in place out of pewter..... And I know how to do that..........

It was in the back of my brain somewhere..... The solution is so simple.... now that I see it I wanna smack myself..........

OK back on topic...... they are beautifull knives........

nice pointy things...

There very basic looking, I'm more of a fan of fantasy blades myself so they wouldnt fit in my collection.

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

By the way, Cap'n, I've been away for a while, busy plundering in other waters. Hope Katrina wasn't too rough on you.

Me crew and me weathered Katrina quite well; our homeship suffered only minor roof damage. Some 80% of the East Bank of New Orleans is destroyed, though. :(

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"