Make a difference!

I hope that the Mods don't treat this bad. Not really wanting to step on toes... but.. I want to bring to light something.. some of you may have seen and heard about it on the NBC Nightly News last Friday night.

World hunger is an issue. Especially now with the natural disasters that are going rampant & destroying lives. People are finding it hard... just o have a simple meal.

My parents have been taking part in making meals designated to areas of need in 3rd world countries.

We finally tried this evening the fortified rice-soy cassorole-chicken flavored. & I tell you what... FABULOUS! It's the BEST rice meal I have EVER had! Folks eating this are having a gormet meal! It's not a slop! It's like a rice pilaf or some rice side dish you get or make.

Now.. what makes it special... it what is in the cassorole. It not only has necessary vitamins and minerals, the good things to help sustain a body... but it actually helps to REVERSE the effects of starvation!

The great thing is... one bag, is only just a little over a $1 to make! So... $50 can make a box worth of food to feed 216 people! A gormet meal these people are getting!

The problem is... not enough of these are being made. Funds need to be raised in order to make this and send them out.

To gather more info, check out Feeding Children

This would be a wonderful thing for some pirate crews to pitch in and do some good deeds, or something to do at events to raise the funds to make this fabulous meals.

Again, hope the Mods are not angry with me. But after finally trying this cassorole, I just had to say something! Help feed someone in need.. even a pirate has a heart!

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!