learning to sail

I'll be taking sailing lessons sometime when the lake warms up, and am looking at buying my training craft. I've found alot of good input about the Snark and Super Snark, and have found what I think to be a great deal on a used one.($300-obo) It's the 11ft. Super Snark, and in like new condition, original mainsail and no leaks, scratches, etc. Anyone out there have one or any experience with them? any feedback would be greatly appreciated...Thanx!

Capt. Bo

I gotta be honest I am in the process of building my first sail boat and will then teach myself how to sail. No I won't have anyone filming the effort and yes I do know that AFHV could use the tape.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I usually learn myself to do things alone too, but EVERYONE I have talked to, and EVERY article I have read on the subject, says to GET SOME INSTRUCTION.. don't try it yourself. I admire your tenacity, and still think of it, but then I get this vision in my head of being knocked unconsious by the mast when the boat dumps me out . I think I'm gonna have someone "show me the ropes" before I go out to cruise. It will save time and frustration I'm Sure. Good luck!

Capt. Bo