SiouxLand!

Jib

Pyrates of Portobello will be preforming at the Siouxland Ren Fest in June of 2006. A same fest with a big heart that takes on the role of Shrewsbury in 1575. Check out the web site at www.siouxlandrenfest.com

I noticed that the Fest has not updated the web site. Don't let that stop you if you plan to attend. There will be a fantasy pirate encampment too (hosted by the crew of the Blue Gryphon).

• 5 weeks later...

Mad Jack I think you will enjoy this tiny fest! My Lady's Cutlass should also be in attendance. Local pirate crew "The Blue Gryffon" will also be there with some sort of encampment. I met these rogues back in Feb. and they were a great group.

If you have never been you will find it very small but with a lot of familiar faces from Minnesota.

Hmm, This be interestin', indeed!.....Tallship Royaliste will be intransit in May, headed to Cleveland, and myself and some of the crew will be in South Dakota swappin' out some ships' gear at my house in N.E. South Dakota...Then we'll be transitin' between the two several times, so perhaps we can time it with this event.....We'll see, eh?

:huh:

Sounds great! I'm sure we can find a few more pints that need draining! B)

It'll be great to spend time with My Lady's Cutlass again. Ian MacFarlane will be there, too! :) :huh:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The people who put Siouxland together work very hard. For them it is a labor of love and it shows. Patron, performer, and staff are all treated very well. I've also bought some cheap fest items from the vendors (although I did see prices rise last summer).

If you make it don't be shy! Come on up and say hello!

Just a quick piece of treasue I forgot: urls for both "The Blue Gryphon Buccaneers" and my own "Pyrates of the Portobello".

I'm the cute one in the red coat.

www.bluegryphonbuccaneers.com

www.theatreofthenorth.org

Join us for a great time in June!

• 4 weeks later...

wishing I could join you, since I have for a few years been keeping the riff raff ouit of the gate. I had a grand time last year, but I am going to go another one before and after that..... damn money and time!

have a drink for me there from the red tent..

JIB! what a handsome pic of your crew.. and I have had the pleasure of meeting you at MNRF I think.. I walked with the pirate crew one day, when at loose ends. Glad to have you here, and I am soooooooooo sorry I will miss you all at SRF.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

indeed... and do so til you can't stand, then sit and cheer for me again!!

MNRF it is.. I have plans for that.. evil plans.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

dearest... my middle name is Trouble.. really. (blush)

MNRF it is.. and I am sorely tempted to go to Siouxland but I think the crew would kill me at this point..

Give the buccaneers a wooooooohooo from me too. I am an ambas-adorable to them, since I have my own ship, but I am going to try to meet up at CB.. Tell them I do miss them all.. as a former crew member and lass-about-town.

(single tear slides down her soft cheek)

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I'm back from Sioux Falls! I'll give a more detailed after action report later, but here's what I've got for now...

• Blue Gryphon Buccaneers
  • Egyptian Mead
  • The Pirates of Portobello (Jib, me mate!!)
  • My Lady's Cutlass
  • Ian MacFarlane
  • Don Alejandro
  • Wench Auctions (fueled in part by yours truly)
  • Mistress Bawd
  • NO MUD!!!!!
  • Egyptian Mead.... (heh!)
  • Barbara (nice kiss, though unexpected...)

More than likely saw ye up there mate... meself and me wife were trampin' about the grounds ourselves most 'o the weekend.

I was quite impressed with the Blue Gryphon encampment... been friends of Captain Briggs for a while now, and this was the first faire I'd gotten to where the whole camp was set up. I don't suppose you were lucky enough to get a sample of the rum beef they'd been cookin' on Sunday by any chance? Great stuff!

Also enjoyed the Pirates of Portabello... fun show, although I wish they had sang one or two more songs. Those two ladies sure could sing!

Didn't get to sit in on My Lady Cutlass... but I think I saw them at a bit of a distance while I was visiting the pillory... were they the ones with the digeree-do?

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Eric! No doubt our paths crossed more than once over the weekend. My wife and I volunteered (our first time ever as part of a Faire!), so I don't think there was a square foot of the grounds I didn't walk over at least once.

The Blue Gryphon Buccaneers had an amazing encampment. I loved how it was set up to emulate the key portions of a working ship. A fine group of pirates, to be sure. It was a pleasure to meet Captain Briggs and his crew. And since I ended up working the gate both days... bot very hot, sunny days... I steered more than a few lovely lasses their way to ensure they always had merchandise for the wench auctions! :huh:

The music was incredible, as usual. It was fun to hang out with Ian MacFarlane and his lovely wife, Molly. My Lady's Cutlass (complete with didge and English bagpipes) introduced us to their new friend, Don Alejandro. He's amazing on the guitar, and their jam sessions were fabulous!

I only got to catch a couple minutes of The Pirates of Portobello. I promise, Jib, we'll be front and center at MRF! What I caught was fun! :)

Mistress Bawd was as hilarious as ever. I wish MRF hadn't ticked her off the way they did. I'd love to catch her act again this Fall.

They had a variety of mead I'd never tasted before - Egyptian! Complex spicing, not heavy at all, and very potent! If you get a chance to try it, I recommend it highly! :huh::huh:

The weather was great! It was hot (upper 80s) and windy (South Dakota, go figure), but at least it wasn't the usual mud pit. Those fairgrounds are notorious for literally sucking the shoes of horses after a good thunderstorm.

We'll be there next year, for sure! :huh::huh:

I'll start posting pictures later today :)

The Pyrates of Portobello had a grand time as well. Big thanks to all of you for your attendance and kind words. Mad Jack it was great meeting with you! Now it is on to MRF!