Dana Reeve has passed away....

Christine

Life is not fair. This is not right. Christopher Reeve died in the same week as my mother, and my mother and myself had thought of him and his wife as heroes for their strength and courage. What a double blow for their children and family. As if Dana had not been through enough through the years of struggling to keep her husband alive and helping him to enjoy life despite his condition, to be stricken with cancer right after when she needed to rest and recover from those years. And then this. I feel for her family. Another hero was taken from us. :lol:

There's an old wife's tale about these things going in threes. I may be just an old husband, but I've seen, in the space of just over a week, the passing of

• My wife's Mum, Doris
  • Don Knotts
  • Kirby Puckett (former Minnesota Twins player and Hall of Famer)
  • Dana Reeve

Maybe Doris didn't fall into the scope of the other three as far as impact is concerned, but I've had me bloody fill for a long while. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aye, heard of her passin' this mornin' too. Thanks for posting it here, Christine.

My thoughts on this have to do more with how the love...the bond...between two people can sometimes be so very powerful, so everlasting that when one dies the other soon follows. Now most of us can probably think of an elderly couple where this has occurred. Somehow though with Christopher and Dana I think the same amazing spiritual, soulmate bond exists. It's as if she has gone on to be with him.

I do feel very sad though for the children they've left behind.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

was shocked at the news. my thoughts go out to the family. they need all the support they can get to get through this. the children especially. anither angel got her wings for sure. :)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I just found out a friend's son passed away this week, after being sick on Tuesday. He was a teenager, so that counts out SIDS. I'm not sure what he died of, but its a shame too...

if you can add your good thoughts for them.. then thank you.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

of course, will do. my cousin has lkost two of her children and another has lost one. it's so hard when youth die. and parents aren't supposed to bury their children.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire