More handstitching?

Curious Kass or even anyone else who wants to jump in on the idea... if any out there are curious about more sewing by hand and even emobroidery.

I'm sure there are some folks out there who may be curious on how to do this.

Refer books or other materials.

I know when I started out with re-enacting... there was no one to show me or tell me. Nor did I have a sewing machine (as it was broken.. long story). So... the research paid off.. and a few books did, too!

Kass.. I've question. Have you ever run into an issue when handsewing... where the seam is either too loose or too tight? No matter how good the stitch was?

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Not really... I mean, when you're handsewing, you have the ability to vary the tension as you go, so you can make seam as loose or as tight as you like. It takes practice to get it right all the time. But I find a machine is far more inflexible in this area.

This is why haute couture clothing is still sewn by hand. Even when they sew something together by machine for fit, they tear out the machine stitches and redo the seams by hand.

It really is the better way to do things...

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!