queen anne pistol questions

Capt. Pete, looks like the geometry is off on the one with the lanyard. Is that the one that doesnt work? It may have been dropped on a hard surface at some point. At any rate, it isn't a difficult repair for any gunsmith to make, and being in Pa., theres alot of good ones. You might consider having that done if you want.

Both Sea Service pistols are attached to the same lanyard, so "yes." (Frustrated over the idea of wielding a brace of pistols with no holsters or belt clips, I was floored over the ingenuity of the lanyard concept, pictured in its fiull glory in the November paiting of Don Maitz' 2006 calendar.)

One works, the other not. First, I am impressed you could see fault in just the picture. A gun-savvy friend of mine also took one look at it and the look on his face said it all. I am pretty sure the upper (darker) of the pair is the faulty one. Everything is there, and operates, but yes -- the geometry is a bit whack.

The pair of Sea Service pistols, along with the non-firing inlaid one cost me $100 all together. Perhaps the only better deals I ever got were my $250 brand new M1853 replica Tower Enfield Musket, or the Civil War era brass-cased fleam in pristine condition for $5. I plan to investigate the repair, but have simply put the task on a far rear burner for the time being.

Callenish Gunner: Ye have far too many babies. They are all quite lovely, but perhaps you should consider adopting some to relieve yourself of the burden! :blink:

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

lower right......it is a spanish miquelet pistol that one is a stage pistol (show only) got is years ago for $10 at a yard sale and i also have another 4 of the elliot light dragoon pistols (the short sea service) + 4 more queen annes /2 that i'm doing silver wire inlay on the butts and all the long guns to photo yet :P:P:P

but the antiques are kept seperate and i never bring those to pirate events ....i have had them at the daniel boone farmstead and at valley forge in pa

and since i do rent arms out for theatrical productions i can't have too many weapons :P:P:P:P .....am building some new racks to display pistols here in the house and some wall mounts for some of the long guns too....besides the space under the beds is full now and so are the closets and the corners

soon the weather will break and i can take the armoury outside and get some better photos of everything

Well at any rate you both have some sweet pistols there. They have ta be collectors items right?

Callenish seems to have some real collectors items, but I, alas, cannot make that claim regarding my flintlocks. (other guns, yes ... but not my flintlocks)

The Sea Service pistols are not widely considered collectible -- these have been discussed in another Pub thread, and other Internet information considers these circa 1970s replicas to be only moderate collectible interest.

I built the Queen Anne from a kit my wife gave me two Christmases ago.

The Scottish Highlander Murdoch is brand spanking new (acquired last June or July) -- and would depend on your definition of "Collectible".

But that Middle East or Pakistani or Turkish or Whatever heavily inlaid folk-art pistol ... while it simply cannot be fired (don't even start me on the myriad design issues) it possibly has great collectible value as a CRAFT object.... but I do not know who is looking for it.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Ar!Okay I understand now.Well then let me retract and say they are sweet lookin flintlock [replicas].You did a terific job there mate.Hats off to ye. :D I had no idea they had kits out there where one could put together something like that.

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif

I had no idea they had kits out there where one could put together something like that

My dear sir, this very discussion thread is regarding assembly of the Queen Anne kit! I think there may be a link in here to the Dixie Gun Works site (the vendor from where mine came). They are a real joy to build; I highly recommend you re-read this entire thread and see if this is a purchase you would like to consider.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Cap'n Pete Straw wrote:

I highly recommend you re-read this entire thread and see if this is a purchase you would like to consider.
I did re-read it before my last post there Capt'n.Which is why I wrote"I had no idea they had kits out there where one could put together something like that."I just didn't bother to explain it to ye. Mainly because I was a few sheets to thee wind, :unsure:

Cap'n Pete Straw wrote:

see if this is a purchase you would like to consider.
I'll give it a go at that.From the looks of y'alls work I am very interested. B)

AICCbloody1.jpg

"Not all men seek rest and peace, some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."Ivory Coast Cutthroats?P1.gif

If you want to try your hand at somthing a bit special, you could always take a look at the Queen Anne Kit here.

Blackley's Kits

Top quality parts, and all the castings are in silver.

But on the down side, I could buy two Pedersoli Queen Anne pistol kits for the cost of this one.

"Tall Paul" Adams

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're on the subject (although I realize that this is not directly on-thread), in the past week I picked up another Sea Service flintlock like the ones in the my photo. It allegedly fires, but the spring is loose and needs to be fixed. Although it was oiled before it was last stored, it has apparently been sitting in a damp basement and needs a work-out with steel wool.

The "Montage Of My Flintlocks" is getting larger!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

cap'n straw i have replaced several of those sear springs on the sea service/elliot light dragoons and it is fairly easy to do and the cleaning of the older locks isn't hard but it can be time consuming especially if you end up needing to adjust the timing :lol::huh::huh:

good lock and track of the wolf has a couple of good books to show you some secrats of timing your locks

Well, Mr. Gunner, thank you for the tip. This is not a front burner project (I have so much on my plate) but it sure will be nice to get this thing fully operational.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg