Phishing...

Mad Matt

JUST A WARNING!

I got what I thought was an instant message from a good buddy of mine. He was offline at the time, which is not uncommon with us. It was something about clicking on a link that happened to be at myspace.com When I clicked the link, it went to a page that looked like a Yahoo! sign-in page. I signed in and was redirected to my Yahoo! email.

This morning I got online to check my mail and messages, only to find out I cannot login. Someone got my password and changed it so I don't have access to my account. I will now have to set up a new Yahoo! email address as I don't remember the answer to my own "secret question"! (Actually, I know the answer. I think the turd thief changed that, too!)

IF ANYONE HERE GETS AN INSTANT MESSAGE OR EMAIL FROM ME, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK! IT'S NOT ME SENDING IT TO YOU.

I have contacted Yahoo! Hopefully, they can keep track if anything is sent out from my email. For all those here who are in my address book, I'm sorry. I will thoroughly flog and drink myself silly as a punishment.

If I ever get a holda that bastard....

B)

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Not exactly the same thing....but I got a some spyware htm on my pewter..... couldn't delete the sucker.... and couldn't open it..... turned off the dsl... so I could get to it.... then re-wrote the Html and saved it..... screwed it up so I could then delete it...... seems to have worked...... :blink:

same thing happened to one of my fellow steel rose players last year. weish we could round up the culprits and send them to davy jones' locker or something. i've had problems with viruses sending me stuff from my address bein g in others' books, but the atachments wouldn't open up they contained a virus. so it wasn't all that bad - just annoying.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

What I can't figure out....

The guys that write virus, do it as a chalange..... but what chalange is it to get someone new to computers to open it......

So right now they are scum....

But what if they started writing programs that would "piggyback" on top of unwanted spyware, and spam.... send a nasty virus back to the corparate scum that hides programs inside of my computer without my permission.......

But what if they started writing programs that would "piggyback" on top of unwanted spyware, and spam.... send a nasty virus back to the corparate scum that hides programs inside of my computer without my permission.......

Now that one I'll support!