Very slow Pyracy.com

Blackfoot

Is anyone else having problems with this website? When I click onto a page, topic, profile, whatever, it takes FOREVER for the page to download. When I say forever, it is actually taking around 30 seconds for the page to come up.

This seems to have only started within the last day or so and my computer has no other problems with any other web pages. I do have a high speed server and other websites come to my computer with no problem. It is just the Pyracy.com that is so slow.

I am hoping it is not just my computer but I do not see any complaints posted to this problem.

signature4.jpg]

Blackfoot,

We were having that problem Sat., but it was definitely with our server. Everything was that way and it bumped us off several times, and would take several attempts to re-connect. We're on dial up which doesn't help either. Maybe I caused an infection being so close to Ok.! <_<

Hope it gets resolved soon. Hey... I had the steel and chrome steed out this weekend gettin ready to terrorize the highways again! When yer ready fer that rum, let me know. Always lookin for an excuse and a destination!

Capt. Bo

I noticed a wee slowdown as well.... darn servers and net congestion are usually to blame.... can also help from time to time to run the optimize feature for the forum database, although this doesn't correct server issues it helps make things run a bit faster from day to day.

On my own forum I generally prune old forum topics as well if there are no replies over a reasonable amount of time (ie. 60 days) except for informational forums, and trim the member database leaving only those active members who have posted at least once in a 60 day period. Keeps the database small and quicker to search. Not saying this is something the admin here wish to do, just a point I thought I'd mention. I just got a new high speed modem as well, had to switch my paradyne in for a speedstream 6520.... not entirely sure it was a good trade, time will tell I guess. I thought the slowdown here may have been a result of the modem until I heard others were having the same issue.

skeletonav.gif

AAAARRRRR. Still happening. I certainly hope it "just goes away!" I agree with you Dead Men. I am definately not computer savvy as you. You seem to know what you are talking about so I am thinking this could be the issue.

Capt. Bo, very cool! I also have a Steel and Chrome Steed who has been begging me to stretch those legs of hers. We could definately meet up and do some riding. Sounds like a potential good time.

Callenish, thank you for your advice. If I look at it this way, I can "tolerate" the slowness.

RumbaRue, All I can say is "hope this gets better" soon for both of us m'lady.

signature4.jpg]