World's Oldest Rodeo

Mad Matt

Since I'm more redneck than pyrate, I thought I'd invite y'all to Prescott this year for our BIG rodeo.

Prescott Rodeo

If you've never been to a rodeo, WHY NOT?! Experience a bit of Americana and take a trip into the Old West. Arizona is still the Wild West where people still openly carry guns (though we've toned the gunfights at high noon down just a bit fer the scaredycats!)

If anyone is interested in seeing the rodeo this year, I can help make arrangements for you. There is lots of history (I am a history buff, just not a history professor - so don't ask me a whole lotta stuff) and even an 1882 outfitting store for those who want to revel year round in Cowboy Bill fashion.

This will probably be my last year living here and I just wanted to extend the invitation.

For the "couples" that may want to come, there is a newer place to stay, that you may want to check out. It's a little bit out of the way, but it could be worth it. I've certainly thought of stayin' there. Of course, not by myself....

http://www.creeksidepreserve.com/

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.