L.O.R.E. Pirate Workshop.

Pirate Petee

Looks like fun; I wonder if they'd be open to some classes in historical maritime fighting techniques? The non-black powder kind o course. Don't want to step on any toes.....specially if those toes are connected to a flintlock! :)

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

IMy ellow PRP Belladonna and I will be teaching "Buccaneering 101 History & Culture of Pirates". I see a Swords & Cutlass class is being offered in the afternoon on Saturday. I don't recognize any of the names but their listed as being part of Brethern of the Coast. Sorry Jack you ma be too late to teach a course. Hoever it can't help to contact them for the future. You at least I know! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

IMy ellow PRP Belladonna and I will be teaching "Buccaneering 101 History & Culture of Pirates". I see a Swords & Cutlass class is being offered in the afternoon on Saturday. I don't recognize any of the names but their listed as being part of Brethern of the Coast. Sorry Jack you ma be too late to teach a course. Hoever it can't help to contact them for the future. You at least I know! :)

Thank'ee for the thoughts, RM!

Your class sounds like one I wouldn't want to miss; let me know if you offer it again anywhere.

My group likely wouldn't be able to make it this year with the other events we're teaching at, but once the HMCA website is up we'll be setting up dates for 2007-10. The release of the book should help with that as well. Do ye know if they are planning to teach historical or theatrical cutlass work?

^_^

Monterey Jack

I have no idea. There will proably be basic attacks and parrys. Hopefully safety rules will be taught. I really hope that you could teach it maybe next year. You might try and contact them to get the ball rolling. Maybe do a workshop in the LA area next year too.

If I do teach this class again I'll let everyone know. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I have no idea. There will proably be basic attacks and parrys. Hopefully safety rules will be taught. I really hope that you could teach it maybe next year. You might try and contact them to get the ball rolling. Maybe do a workshop in the LA area next year too.

If I do teach this class again I'll let everyone know. :)

I'll be sending em a note later this spring with the site info, class outline and all in case they want to reference it for a later date. Good luck with yer class! I hope ye'll let us all know how it goes!! ^_^

^_^

Monterey Jack

fellow pyrates, friends and everyone within the sound of my voice!

I too will be assisting in the endeavors there in Koronenburg I was asked to teach street hawking and patron interaction for participants and vendors. Meet and Greet (trying to open the guilds yards gates up it appears... ). But, I be ready and cant believe there is more than an hours action packed information to digest so ye best be bringin yer note pads we be goin ta work!

Red I'll be in yer class see you in a week!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Who's going in garb and who's going pirate "lite"?

I wrote Jamaica Rose of No Quarter Given and she replied she thought most were going "pirate lite".....not sure what that means exactly or if I even like anything that's considered "lite" (lite beer,lite food, lite reading, lite people, lite philosophy ....well, you get the picture...)....but I guess I'll go as a "lite" pirate...isn't that an oxymoron?

so Petee, I'm hoping to make a class or two on sunday. Is there a plan for all to meet up and go out afterwards? Ye know I miss yer hansome face....and Jess too of course. :lol:

Who else is plannin on goin this weekend?

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Aye, Rummy, Durty Mick hisself were there 'n I be meetin' wi' Pirate Petee 'n Authur Richards o' Kent 'n Red Maria n' Black Hearted Pearl but be missin' some others but it were good meetin a couple o me Pub mates 'n I still be lookin forward to meetin up wi yer own self someday (I be talkin' wi' some about next LORE workshop on 'avin a rum seminar n' tasting!)...I be at Escondido first weekend then.....? who knows....Koroneberg Renaissance faire in May?....what be next mates?

I had a veery good turn out Aproz 30 people) for my Buccaneering 101 class, even though it was at 9:30 am on a Saturday. Both of Casabal's black powder workshops (beginning & adavnce) were excellent and the sword class was taught by competant people (even thoug I would love to have had Monterey Jack teaching. Maybe an adavance class next time?)

The Historical Rouges Tavern meet-up was a blast and I had a fun time portraying Anne Bonney. The only downside was Saturday afternoon after the workshops there really nothing for adults (there had teepeee building etc. for the kids) to do between 4pm and when dinner (free for those who taught) was to be served at 6pm. So the many of us opted for for an early dinner off site instead.

There is talk of next time to have some adult activities for the October LORE. Maybe even a rum tasting! ;)

All in all a goodtimes was had by all. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency