Kingdom Hearts II

moricktowain

I didn't see a post about this, so I thought I'd post something about it.

I've actually known about this for about four to five months now, but in the upcoming Square-Enix/Disney collaboration, Kingdom Hearts II, one of the game worlds is "Port Royal".....where the game's hero, Sora, encounters characters from Pirates of the Caribbean, including Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. In fact, not only does the Sora character interact with the characters of Pirates of the Caribbean, but he can remove one of his two main party members (Donald Duck and Goofy), and put Jack Sparrow in that character's place.

The game has already been released in Japan (a few days before Christmas last year), so has the soundtrack for the game. I've gotten a chance to hear some of the soundtrack, including the music for the Port Royal section. Each section has at least two major music themes, a exploration theme, and a battle theme. I was very pleased to hear that the battle theme for Port Royal is the PotC movie theme (not the ride theme).

For those that would like to see what the game looks like, a website has the footage from all the cutscenes of the game, including both visits to Port Royal (the first that looks to somewhat follow the movie's storyline,(I think it does, but I don't speak Japanese.....)the second as a seperate storyline that now involves the PotC characters.). This website is www.kh2-vids.net. Note that the videos there are in Japanese....there are some people working on fansubing the videos, but they havn't done the Port Royal section.

The only sad part of this whole thing is that, according to Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM), Johnny Depp and the other PotC actors will not be voicing their appropriate characters. They say it's due to "scheduling conflicts".

The game is supposed to be released for the Playstation 2 console at the end of March, and I'm personally planning to get a copy of it (especially since I've played and really enjoyed the first Kindgom Hearts game). I'm really looking forward to it! :-)

Morick Towain

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Just adding something I found today:

MTV has several interviews with some of the voice actors, and one in particular includes a small (3-4 second clip) from the Port Royal segment, with Jack Sparrow talking, with the PotC movie theme in the background.

If I hadn't read the Electronic Gaming Magazine article that said that Johnny Depp was not voicing Jack Sparrow in Kingdom Hearts II, I'd think that it was Johnny Depp, but that's only based on the small snippet that I heard.

In case anyone is interested in viewing this clip, the address is:

www.mtv.com/overdrive/?lnk=v&name=playlist&vid=76259&source=OD_VIDEO:playlist:David+Gallagher+on+Kingdom+Hearts+II+

The PotC snippet is right at the end of the interview, which is about a minute or so long.

Morick Towain

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

My older son has been waiting for this game since he finished the first one two years ago. He played a demo at a big convention last summer and we were hoping for a fall release date.

I've known about the PotC part since last year. The game sites have been talking about it. I got a pre-order for it a couple of months ago. I'm such a nice mom. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up as my oldest has just finished the PotC section of the game. Considering this is the only "live action" film the game incorporates, they did a pretty good job. Of course since the ghost pirates were computerized anyway, it didn't take a lot to put them in the game. It was very nicely done.

I have a question for Iron Bess:

In the voice credits they list Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbosa but I couldn't find a listing for Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swan; however, there is a credit for the actors' assistants.....

....so does that mean they lent their voices to the game while they were at the studio filming "Dead Man's Chest"? This is one of those little things I like to know; trivial, but fun. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

The whole "Final Fantasy meets Disney movies" concept is pretty fun - and weird at the same time. Auron talking with Hades is a real mind-blower. :D

Other notable voices in the game are Christopher Lee and Ron Perlman.

hook_banner2.jpg

Thank'ee, Jack. I wasn't quite sure if they were the actual actors; so it be a nod t'the voice actors who did a fair impression. Capt. Jack in the game has some good lines too. :ph34r:

Me oldest cabin boy just finished the game yesterday - one week after we bought it. :o

If only I could load me musket as fast as he hits those buttons! :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Thank'ee, Jack. I wasn't quite sure if they were the actual actors; so it be a nod t'the voice actors who did a fair impression. Capt. Jack in the game has some good lines too. :D

Me oldest cabin boy just finished the game yesterday - one week after we bought it. :D

If only I could load me musket as fast as he hits those buttons! :D

Aye, out of curiosity what difficulty setting did he has it on?

Thank'ee, Jack. I wasn't quite sure if they were the actual actors; so it be a nod t'the voice actors who did a fair impression. Capt. Jack in the game has some good lines too. :huh:

Me oldest cabin boy just finished the game yesterday - one week after we bought it.  :huh:

If only I could load me musket as fast as he hits those buttons!  :huh:

Aye, out of curiosity what difficulty setting did he has it on?

He's 11-years old, matey. He did it on Beginner, what else? :huh:

I has a few, older, gamer friends who help me tease him about being a wimp. But we wanted to get through the story - which is quite good. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg