Friday is Plunder Day!

greenighs

And I plan on stopping at the liquor store forsome rum. I like a cold Diet Coke with Lime with a generous splash of Captain Morgan as a relaxer when I get home from work. Unless it's been one of Those Days. Those Days could mean an Excellent One to Celebrate OR a Rotten One to Recouperate. On Those Days, I like a generous splash o' rum neat. Last bottle of rum I liked neat was Captain Morgan Private Stock. Now I'm looking for something richer, smoother, something to get lost in for a few moments at the end of a Day.

I'm also thinking of trying Tattoo, if ye think it's got more of a kick or at least a stronger flavor to hold up in a mixed drink. But for the straight-up rum, I'm looking for your suggestions.

Oh, and I'm not a millionaire. Yet. :rolleyes:

Sorry, missed the thread. Woods' Navy Rum is without exception the finest tipple on God's Earth.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I'm also thinking of trying Tattoo, if ye think it's got more of a kick or at least a stronger flavor to hold up in a mixed drink. But for the straight-up rum, I'm looking for your suggestions.

Hooo boy, there is a whole discussion thread devoted to Tattoo.

Personally I think it tastes less like rum and more like Yueger. :P

I recommend buying one of those dinky shooter bottles of it first to see if ya really like it.

For an awesome shot of rum get some mango Malibu or pinapple Parrot Bay. Get it ice cold and shoot it. Yummy.

Ech all those Capt Morgan drinks are basically sugar syrup with a splash of rum added....you want a real rum that tastes like RUM and not coconuts or cotton candy, go with Mt. Gay Estate, Goslings Black Seal, Meyer's or Wood's. They don't cost any more than a Morgan product and are ten times as good!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Greenighs, Bilge Munky has an EXCELLENT website. She has a page dedicated specifically to rum. She has tried all kinds of brands and has commented and rated each one with the link into purchasing it. Her website has helped me choose my next bottle. Her website is www.bilgemunky.com. Enjoy M'Lady.

signature4.jpg]

Aye, it's Meyer's Original Dark for me! In this part of the country at least, finding GOOD impoted spirits is quite a task. Meyer's is the most readily available around here. And it's GOOD. I do agree with Foxe though...Woods Navy , if you can find it, is a touch of class to any glass! Good luck!

Capt. Bo

Okay, couldn't find the Wood's Navy, but I did find and purchase the Gosling's Black Seal. Since I'm in no mood to sip, however, I'm saving that until tomorrow evening. Tonight, it's rum and Diet Coke with lime, so I thought I'd try CM Tattoo (got a little airline bottle).

The smell is very Nyquil/Jaegermeister.

The good news is you can taste the rum over the cola, but the bad news is you can still taste the rum.

:ph34r:

But I don't care, it's been a real aggravating week, so I'll just suck down my Nyquil and cola and reeeelllllaaaaax. Thanks for your suggestions! I'll go for the Wood's and/or the XO next time!