El Segundo High School Ren. Faire

Lady Alyx

Hi, just thought I would post this. I know someone previously posted before Christmas time about the parade in El Segundo where they had ren faire reveler's...so I thought I would add this.

I live in town and saw this on the High School's marquee.

El Segundo High School

Rennaissance Faire

March 25 10-4

Front Lawn.

I just called the High School and talked to the Principal Maxine and she said that it was for the whole community and not just the students. I tried to ask her more but she did not know more...lol! She said someone named Gary Fritz (spelling?) set it up and he was in class.

So if anyone lives in town or knows more about it than I, please feel free to add to this message blog. I plan on going....it's just too darn close for me to pass up and shake the dust off me pyrate garb...wink wink!

B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

You have to be careful with any high school 'rennaisance' faire, because there is a program in most schools called "renaissance" that has nothing to do with the renaissance. It is just a rewards program for kids with good grades, giving out different cards for different grades. Most of the time, they have a big party or picnic outside, sometimes like a small carnival. Did they definitely say it was something you could dress up at?

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the ESHS Ren Faire Committee, happy to say I can fill in the blanks and answer your questions.

The faire is open to the public, it is a community event. By all means come in costume!

We have about 50 booths and entertainment scheduled for the day. Vendors include students and student club booths and professional vendors such as Celtic jeweler, a leather artist, a glass artist, and a textile loomer. The majority of entertainment and demonstrations are provided by the Society For Creative Anachronism. We were hoping to have The Biggins, but they were not available. Students will also be part of the entertainment schedule.

The faire is a fundraiser for the choirs at the middle and high school to help defray costs associated with travel to competitions. ESMS is participating in a competition in San Francisco and the high school choirs are traveling to New York to sing at Carnegie Hall.

Since this is our 1st Ren Faire year we are not strict about the type of booths or requiring vendors to dress in costume. What will make this different from a community craft fair are our costumed wandering performers, the SCA, and our Queen.

I hope you will come out for our Ren Faire, come in costume, and have a great time. Come and meet me at my booth Knapsack Snacks. Visit our web page for a list of booths and the schedule of entertainment www.myspace.com/renfaireeshs

March 25, 2006

10am to 4pm

El Segundo High School

Front Lawn

600 Block of Main Street

Lady Andrea