NJ Renaissance Kingdom a Pirate fest this year

Sam Flint

I've just found out that this year the NJ Renaissance Kingdom will be instead be a Pirate festival. I went to their website www.njkingdom.com and see they have a listing for auditions for this festival to be held soemtime in June. I wonder if it will be a worthwhile event??

• 4 weeks later...

I received an email from someone with the NJ faire seeking local crews in the region to come up to the faire, get in free, and be part of the background pyrate crowd. Even offered to put folks into battle sequences if they could come up for rehearsals. Anyone else the DC/Baltimore area hear from them? My guess is that they were contacting crews listed on NQG.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

I received an email from someone with the NJ faire seeking local crews in the region to come up to the faire, get in free, and be part of the background pyrate crowd. Even offered to put folks into battle sequences if they could come up for rehearsals. Anyone else the DC/Baltimore area hear from them? My guess is that they were contacting crews listed on NQG.

More on this.

The rogue who fired a broadsides 'cross me bow goes by the name o' Jim, and his infernal email address be GawainVII@aol.com. Contact him if'n yer crew be interested in participatin'.

Now, t' the articles as quoted by Jim:

The faire runs 11am-6pm every Saturday and Sunday in June. Folks be welcome to camp onsite fer lodging, and if yer crew has a period emcampment, he suggests they could set it up in the faire itself. Or seeks yer own lodgins elsewhere, as ye wish.

There be no wages paid, but admission to the faire be free for those participatin'. They be lookin' fer folks to add color to the endeavor. Once in the faire, yer time be yer own. Crews may, if they wish, participate in specific events during the day, such as the openin' ceremony, in which the Governor has a pyrate hanged. :ph34r:

They prefer edged weapons be blunted. Perhaps ye might talk 'em into accepted sheathed and tied or peace-bonded weapons too. Black powder weapons be allowed as long as they've been modified notÊto fire live rounds. :ph34r:

If ye be interested in participatin' in fight sequences, ye need t' be contactin' them about rehearsal schedules.

They understand they're up against VARF and the Blackbeard festival in Hampton when it comes to recruitin' pyrates from the waters of the Chesapeake. Ye not have to be committin' to the entire run of the faire. Sounds like one weekend, or even one day be acceptable to them. Perhaps if enough buccaneers from the DC-Baltimore area be interested, a formal raiding party could be formed. :ph34r:

They be contactin' groups from NJ, MD, DE, NY, and CT listed on No Quarter Given.

And that's all I bloody well know! Anyone interested?

:ph34r:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

it's also against the new medieval majesty in williamsport, pa and the celtic fling (one weekend only) at the parf rounds

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Black powder weapons be allowed as long as they've been modified notÊto fire live rounds. :D

And exactly *how* would you do that to a $300 pistol or $600 blunderbuss? :D

Couldn't say. I just be the messenger. Ye'd have t' to explain the problem t' 'em, p'rhaps by holdin' yer $300 pistol to their head until they see their error.

These be Arthurian types most o' the time. They be used to swords 'n' flowery language, not black powder.

:D

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan