PEPSI AMERICAS SAIL< BEAUFORT NC , June 30-July4th

BeaufortsPyrateWench

Attn all you East Coast Pyrates. We are coming up on the Tall Ship Race and it is only 4 months away. Here is some advice from the locals. Got a call from a friend just the other day. IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING INTO THE TOWN OF BEAUFORT GET A PARKING PASS or plan to take a cab. Front St. will be blocked for the festival and there will be no public parking on the water front. Also if you would like to look into getting tickets to park or tour the boats the link is... http://www.pepsiamericassail.com/index.html

BUT BE WARNED...the VIP packages are $500 and up, ending at $2,500.

On June 30th we will be on the beach of Fort Macon, all day, fishing and watching for the ships to come in. Sat night July 1st we were going to rent out some space at one of the local watering holes and have a party. But alas that is not going to work, SO we are all going to meet at the DOCK HOUSE in BEAUFORT at 9:00pm. There we can do what ever we like with in reason...plus they LOVE it when the pyrates come to visit and we will be well taken care of.

I will have more soon! Hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HOTEL ROOM GET IT NOW THERE IS NOT MUCH LEFT IN ATLANTIC BEACH OR MOREHEAD CITY.....THEY ARE ALL BUT BOOKED UP DOWN THERE!!!! :(

"If you would have fought like men you would not die like dogs!" Anne Bonney

Women who behave rarely make history! - unknown

"SAFETY MEETING!!!!" Capt. Mason

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of black powder!!!!!

Cascabel good to hear from you!! Hope Braze and the rest of the crew will be with you! We have missed you guys so much and we so miss the Blackbeard Fest. You guys must come have dinner at our place while you are in town (were in Salters Path) ee you in a few months!!

• 3 weeks later...

Huzzah!!

Cascabel .........Mr. Steele here my friend and as always I plan to be there as well with Sinbad and the Lieutenant along with Mr. Pernell Looking foward to seeing you there. Are you making the trek to Ft. Meyers as well? And to all else listening and reading take the Pyrate Wench seriously because accomdations are dwindling quickly. This should be an event of a lifetime. It will be good to have the whole family together Aye?

Til we partake in a tut of rum.

Mr. Steele B)

Master Gunner /Meka II Beaufort NC.

Master at Arms /Blackbeards Crew Hampton VA

Huzzah!!

Cascabel .........Mr. Steele here my friend and as always I plan to be there as well with Sinbad and the Lieutenant along with Mr. Pernell Looking foward to seeing you there. Are you making the trek to Ft. Meyers as well? And to all else listening and reading take the Pyrate Wench seriously because accomdations are dwindling quickly. This should be an event of a lifetime. It will be good to have the whole family together Aye?

Til we partake in a tut of rum.

Mr. Steele B)

Master Gunner /Meka II Beaufort NC.

Master at Arms /Blackbeards Crew Hampton VA

Arrrr....

Nice to hear from ye, Mr. Steele. Not sure about Ft Myers yet, but I'll see ya at Beaufort fer sure !!!

>>>>> Cascabel

Jim that is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Made me ole eyes tear up. I know Capt S and the Lt. will love to see that!!!!!! WOW is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for the natives in Beaufort. I understand that accomidations will be difficult to come by at best. Can you give me some idea of the campgrounds in the area. Anything within a reasonable drive would do. I have a small popup that is easy to deal with.

thanks mates

Willie the rumrunner :P

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

Question for the natives in Beaufort. I understand that accomidations will be difficult to come by at best. Can you give me some idea of the campgrounds in the area. Anything within a reasonable drive would do. I have a small popup that is easy to deal with.

thanks mates

Willie the rumrunner :lol:

There are the camp grounds that Jim listed and then there is one over on Harkers Island I think. Call the Beaufort Chamber of Comm. I gave my mate in Beaufort a call and she was not sure about camp grounds, but she said if it was like everything else there is not much left. I will also give My buddie at Harkers a call and see if you can camp out at his place. Will let you know ASAP!!

Cheers!!!! :lol:

Working on the Compass Rose & A. J. Meerwald presently.

(JUMPING UP AND DOWN CLAPPING HANDS) Goodie goodie goodie!!!!!!!

From today's newsletter...more ships coming to the Pepsi-Sail Event.

The newest ships to commit to Pepsi Americas’ Sail 2006 include:

Schooner Virginia: The Schooner Virginia, built in 2004, is a 122’ low black schooner modeled after ships that sailed the Chesapeake Bay more than 80 years ago. These fast and maneuverable vessels were popular in the 1800s, in part because they could carry enough guns and crew to overtake cargo vessels. Owned by the Virginia Maritime Heritage Foundation, her home port is Norfolk, Virginia.

Ada Mae: The Ada Mae is a skipjack that was built in 1915 in Rose Bay, NC and is one of only 20 remaining skipjacks that were built in North Carolina. She was originally part of an oyster-dredging sailing fleet on the Chesapeake Bay, the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds and represents a significant period in our maritime history when the commercial oystering industry provided a livelihood for coastal watermen and their families.

Alliance: This magnificent 105’ tall ship is a privately owned vessel based in Yorktown, Virginia. She regularly sails the Chesapeake Bay, providing an opportunity for guests to learn about tall ship seamanship and navigation.

Jeanie B: This two-masted gaff-rigged schooner operates as a school ship under the North Carolina Scuola della Bussola, or The North Carolina School of the Compass, based in Greenville, NC. Built in 1986, the Jeanie B spends her summers sailing with the Camp Sea Gull and Seafarer campers, offering a two-week long educational and seamanship program.

Margaret: Built in 1904, she is one of the oldest vessels participating in Pepsi Americas’ Sail and one of the few remaining yachts of the Edwardian Era. Drafted into service by the US Navy during World War II, she became legendary after surviving a NE gale off Nantucket. After being presumed lost at sea, she finally limped into Ocracoke, North Carolina 20 days later with her crew of nine. The century-old tall ship was restored to her original hull design in 1996. She calls Port Bristol, Rhode Island, her home.

Three Belles: This 54’ Angleman-Davies Ketch was built in 1966 by American Marine Co. in Hong Kong. She sailed from Hong Kong to the United States and frequently travels the East Coast. She is typically based in Rockport, Maine but currently resides in Beaufort, North Carolina.

-----------------------------------

Special events include a Parade of Sail, a 15-mile regatta along the shores of Atlantic Beach, an artists market and a spectacular Fourth of July parade concert and fireworks celebration. Throughout the week, the Beaufort waterfront will host an array of entertainment and activities. General admission tickets are on sale now. For more info, visit www.pepsiamericassail.com.

Best regards to ye all

Meka II and Wolf...First two ships in the Parade of Sail

link to larger photo

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...e/100_2787a.jpg

Captain Jim-sib,

What might a mate 'ave to do to get himself one o those there bottles? As one of the gunners on the Meka II and having fought valiantly against the Schooner Wolf in Ft Myers at the Lee Island Pirate Festival I think it would make a grand and glorious addition to me trophy wall. On second thought, I'd like to get two of them.

Cap'n Pern

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I am new to your forum, a lifetime sailor (although not much recently :D ), and happen to live just a few blocks from Blackbeard's (alleged) home in Beaufort where the Pepsi Americas Sail is happening. Unfortunately I am giong to be out of town for the big Tall Ships event. I plan on renting out my house for that week. If you are looking for a convenient place to stay check out

http://www.unc.edu/~waggener/beauforthome.htm

I would also be happy to answer any questions you have about the area. For whomever is coming: You will love it here! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Parade of Sail continues (in bottles...750 ml MD 20/20)

A.J. Meerwald:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_2935.jpg

Compass Rose:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_2940.jpg

Serenity:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_2938.jpg

Virginia:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_2936.jpg

Meka II (map version...Sinbad is making a documentary & wanted an

itsey-bitsey Meka II-sey to place on his map showing where they went)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_2930.jpg

Best regards to all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the info packet that I have received, the Pirate Encampment

is located along Turner Street between Ann Street & Front Street.

Parade of Sail in bottles, part IV...last 3

Three Belles:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_3135.jpg

Ada Mae:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_3133.jpg

Jeanie B:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/2go...se/100_3130.jpg

Best regards to ye & hope to see y'all there

Ship in the bottles aside...

this proposes to be an excellent raid.... Cascabel, Braise, Duncan and the Jury Rig are joining Blackbeard's Crew among others.

4 days of pirate camp!!!

See you Friday... :huh:

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

Aye, the "ship" will be loaded on Thursday and we are casting off around midnight. If all goes well we should be onsite between 8 & 9AM Friday.

Can't wait to see everyone. B)

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

:P:P:P:P:P final orders are in. Willie is going to Beaufort for a dose of fun and a vacation from reality. Sounds like the whole world is decending upon the Carolina coast. I was wondering - if we capture one of these fine vessels - do we get to keep it?

looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends

Willie the rumrunner :P

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

Well a proper right up of the event will have to wait, but I do have a selection of pictures posted:

The Pictures

Many thanks to all of the folks that helped put such a GREAT event together. Everyone went the extra mile to make sure that we were taken care of.

Special thanks to John Glass and the rest of Blackbeards crew for cordinating eveything.

To Cascabel, Braze, Mitch, The Devil Men and All Of The Blackbeards Crew let me say thanks for a great five days.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

The Pepsi Americas Sail event was an absolutely Grand and Glorious event!!!!!

I would like to personally thank the Beaufort Pirate Wench and crew for the warm reception provided to the Cap'n and S'Steele upon our arrival in Beaufort.

I would like to thank Duncan McGuyver and Nan and Dog from the Jury Rig Crew for all their hard work during the week of extreme heat and humidity

Ben Cherry and DG for being themselves

Captain Horation Sinbad and Lt. Terri Brown for making the event happen;

Pirates of the Dark Rose for a great display at the encampment

The Devil Men of Cape Fear for being themselves it's always a pleasure to work with Bill Halls Crew.

The staff at the Beaufort Historic Association for maintaining such a great venue for a pirate encampment.

And if I have forgotten anyone it's because I'm so stressed about gettting some work and doing back to back POTC openings and a Piracy 101 presentation at the Nauticus Museum in Norfolk without getting to recover from the Beaufort trip. So you can flog me the next time you see me:-)

Your Humble Servant Cap'n Pern

A well belayed event-

stinkin hot most of the time. i had a fine sail back upon the Alliance on Wednesday and Thursday into Friday AM.

from all accounts the pirate camp was the hit of the event. of course they had to piss of the folks who paid $50 a head to tour tall ships.

thanks for the pics Duncan, although i'm worried if you have some photos that are not safe for the web site!!!! :o

A fine time all in all.

Bf

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain