New Orleans Pirate Party!

capnwilliam

As always: Mate Jan and I are hosting our whatever-annual pirate-themed Mardi Gras party, on Sunday, February 26, in conjunction with the Bacchus Parade, that starts on my doorstep! There will be some 5 Mardi Gras Parades starting on my block or within walking distance, all day and into the evening. So if you will be in the New Orleans area, or have a friend who will be, please to stop by, or invite them to! B)

Contact me at capnwilliam@yahoo.com if you want more info.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Thank ye fer the invitation, capnwilliam!

Although I can't get to New Orleans this year fer Mardi Gras, I smile happily thinkin' of the many good times I've had in your great city.

Raisin' me tankard to ye, good Sir, and New Orleans!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday's party went well, albeit with fewer than half the guests we normally have. :ph34r: The good part is that about half of them were pirates! :ph34r:

We just got back from Bourbon Street. The crowds were bigger than last year - which was a bad year, due to conflict with football - but not so busy as most years. The balconies were poorly occupied. Far less flashing than normally; good costumes, though the parodies about Katrina have gotten very "old" to me by now. Lots of small children out this year; something seldom seen on Bourbon on Mardi Gras Day.

All in all, a good and pleasant first Mardi Gras in our post-Katrina world.

:)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

WooHoo Cap'n William! Good to know that your partying lives on over in New Orleans! Happy MArdiGras to ye and manymore to come - you never know! The day may actually come that I make it there meself for the party! Now do ye have pictures to share?

;)