Rating system for Plunder

Patrick Hand

That would certainly alleviate some of the problem threads. If something was specifically defined as "fantasy" from the start then the only debate necessary would be over the quality/value of the item, and those who care about historical accuracy wouldn't waste their time or money. If something was defined as "historical" then it would be subject to debate about accuracy as well as quality, but there would be no grounds for objection.

Call me a nay-sayer or pessimist if you will, but I suspect that many people will post stuff for sale without defining it (who ever reads the rules eh?!). In those cases I think it's only fair that the item or vendor should still be subject to debate, because at the end of the day it IS important to some people - those who don't care can skip over the authenticity debate, those who do can read it and contribute. If the didn't want to be subject to such analysis then they should have read the guidelines...

Go for it Capt. B)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well for all the discussion we had on this subject, the proposed solution is not working out at all. Sellers are not making any notation in their topic descriptions and the last time I added one I was "flogged" by the poster via PM.

So instead of making more work for myself trying to help people with the historical/non-historical marker, I'm giving up.

The new slogan for PLUNDER is:

Caveot Emptor - Buyer Beware

;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.