Pirate or period drinking flask

Scupper

What kind of a flask would a pirate or sailor be using? Would it be a 1/2 pint or pint glass bottle? Does anyone know where to get a flask I can use with me outfit.

I'm getting tired of caring a quart bottle and having none left for a wee bit of comfort at the end of me journey. I do share and sometimes neglect to hold on to a bit for me. I always give comfort to my fellow scallywags.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Aye I have a pewter tankard me self, thought it be a modern reproduction. I be looking for something to transport me rum and whiskey without interfering with me cutlass or piratical activities.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

You might try Jas. Towneshead & Sons. They have period pewter hip flasks.

http://www.jastown.com/pewter/pewter.htm

Also Smoke & Fire Co. has period glass bottles:

htpp://www.smoke-fire.com

Or if you have a Trader Joe's nearby go there and pick-up a bottle of Planters Rum Pyrate XO Reserve. It comes in a period style bottle.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye rad maria! You be too good to me. My thanks lass. The next tankard is on me, me mates

Scupper

I found an outfit that makes period type flasks. i especially like the one with the glass window in the center so ye can keep track of your ration.

http://www.lovethosegifts.com/level.itml/icOid/4413

Scupper

ooops. When you go to the link I posted previously, go to Smokeshop and then flasks.

Scupper

I am looking for historical pictures featuring flasks from before 1800.

any help woul be appreciated.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

I be trying Capt'n i be trying. I'm especially looking for bottles with a piratical theme. Beer, ale or liquier.

Scupper

You be looking for pewter or leather lass?

Scupper

I know Poison Quill I think has a resouce for pewter. I know one for leather

Scupper

• 4 months later...

Me mate just purchased a large narrow bottle of tequila. As soon as he finished with it, I pirated it for myself. With a nice leather holder, it could hold a quite bit of rum instead of tequila. :ph34r:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

And what be the name of this find Endkaos? You not be sharing with your mate Scupper?

I gots a right nice stien from me mates Tom and Pat o' Astral Seas Pewter Foundry. They be makin' wonderful stuff there near Hannibal, Missouri. Or as we who live there call it: Missoura. :ph34r:

http://www.jmw.net/Wholesale_Incense/trad-pewter.html

The celtic knot fork and spoon set be me eatin' utensils an' I highly recommend anythin' might catch yer eye.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

And what be the name of this find Endkaos? You not be sharing with your mate Scupper?

Ahoy Scupper,

I took off all the labels and was using it so I had to look high and low for it's name. I found one on Ebay. It is a smooth tequila, but the labels on the bottle obscure the bottle's beauty. Once I figure out how to post a pic I didn't pirate from another site, I will post one of it without the labels.

Tequila "CORRALEJO" Reposado 375 ml. Neat

f6_1.JPG

:ph34r::huh::huh:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.